Page 101 of 227 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2267

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

I think the key thing is that comedy should always punch upward, not downward, and Carr takes far too many low shots for my own preference.

It does raise an interesting point. When we think holocaust we think of Jews. But huge numbers of Roma were rounded up and killed. In Yugoslavia the Croatian Nazis ran a camp said to be the worst by one visiting Nazi general. They promoted Roma to trustees and used them to beat and execute prisoners too.

But what of other holocausts? Are we going to apply the same rules? The answer would appear to be no since this is all based on protected characteristics. So if it's not racist it's ok?

I don't think anybody's ever said that, or at least I hope they haven't.

Cats Lives Matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I don't think anybody's ever said that, or at least I hope they haven't.
    Yes, but he could pick any other atrocity and the same wouldn't be applied. One has a defined law and the other is left to subjective tastes. The issue has become about racism and not the atrocity.

Do current hate speech laws cover them? Not sure on that one.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 08-02-22 at 21:16.

Jimmy Carr's gigs always have the "career-ending jokes" section at the end of them. It's part of his format and nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Cats Lives Matter.
    Catism must be fought! Under the Equality Act we want no more ripping our intimate bits off unless you humans "level up" and have it done too.

Are there possible splinter groups in the CLM? Do Maine Coons get weight based prejudice or worry human word banning might end up renaming them? Do hairless cats have different priorities or face discrimination within their own community?

Are the CLM breaking down barriers and educating humans e.g. loud sex is nothing to be ashamed of?

This looks very fishy:

https://www-independent-co-uk.cdn.am...edium=referral

Only becoming a trustee whilst it's in the public eye then stepping away and putting the lesser known husband in place.

Got to wonder about charging back for good contacts from the public. I would have thought most would do that for free?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Catism must be fought! Under the Equality Act we want no more ripping our intimate bits off unless you humans "level up" and have it done too.

Are there possible splinter groups in the CLM? Do Maine Coons get weight based prejudice or worry human word banning might end up renaming them? Do hairless cats have different priorities or face discrimination within their own community?

Are the CLM breaking down barriers and educating humans e.g. loud sex is nothing to be ashamed of?
    Don't dogs' lives also matter?

And every other animal in the world?

(All partly said in jest).

Also, where were the protests from the Birds' Lives Matter activists during the recent culling of certain birds infected with Bird Flu?

Yet people attempted to give Starmer a right pasting in central London the other day following Boris's 'Savilegate' thing!

Page 101 of 227 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast

Thread Information