Page 105 of 227 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2267

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Not a vegan, but I am veggie and very vanilla. Maybe it's the dairy holding me back? I think I'm of an age where I'd rather have cheese and crackers than jump off a wardrobe with a feather between my teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Not a vegan, but I am veggie and very vanilla. Maybe it's the dairy holding me back? I think I'm of an age where I'd rather have cheese and crackers than jump off a wardrobe with a feather between my teeth.
    Can't beat a nice bit of cheese and crackers, followed by some vanilla ice cream, especially topped with treacle or maple syrup.

Yummy yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Meat And Two Vegans…

… just won’t work.

Vegans are far more interested in open relationships than meat-eaters, according to a new survey.

https://www.independent.co.uk/climat...-b2012153.html

“That norm-breaking confidence may also be carried into other areas of relationships, and could result in a stronger likelihood to experiment in the bedroom or with other varieties of relationship that aren’t in keeping with traditional relationship structures.”

Isn’t it odd what some folks will research; even odder what conclusions they’ll come to; and simply bizarre if their experimentation involves vegetables…?
    What a load of old (organic and sustainable) rhubarb!

Vegan-to-vegan

I reckon once I start feeling better I will jump on a Tallboy.

<<fast rewind<<.

A rose, a cigarette, perhaps even a Mars bar… but a feather??? Any particular sort of feather? Maybe that would depend on what you were going to do with it… whatever tickles your fancy, I suppose… Could it be just a small one come adrift from an eiderdown quilt in the heat of passion...? No wonder those researchers found reticence among folks when asking about their intimate doings. It’s all too surreal!
    I don't know why I said feather! Peacock might be appropriate?

Myself and Mrs F are strict vegetarians

Well, I’ll Be Hanged!...

A Labour Party deputy leader who supports retribution?

Rayner’s comments represent the worst of British politics…

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/anglea-rayner-terrorists-shoot-crime-b2018115.html

Funny old world, isn’t it? But I’m not quite sure which is funnier – self-revealing quips or self-righteous moral indignation.
    Surprised that's not from the Daily Fail!

On a similar note, didn't Priti Patel want to bring back the death sentence back in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Surprised that's not from the Daily Fail!

On a similar note, didn't Priti Patel want to bring back the death sentence back in 2019?
    It's across lots of the media. She said a fair bit more than this. She said she was hard line on crime, strange considering the knee bending which Momentum have called her out on, and wants the police to antagonize criminals.

And I thought guilt was to be determined in a court? Starmer must be shaking his head. She wants the police to "sort them out". Well we have a few like that in jail...

I'm hard line on crime. I support shoot to kill. I support the police doing more. But I have concerns about a police that takes the law into it's own hands to harass potentially innocent people and dish out punishment. We don't want those floodgates opening when we are supposed to be stamping out corruption. She needs to aim her hard line stance at the courts who so often don't back the work of the police and CPS. Perhaps aiming at the tricks of the lawyers who keep violent criminals in this country using technicalities...or stop Dianne Abbott.

A hard line stance will be popular with working class voters and that's probably all its about. They tend to be sick of a number of the Labour party more concerned with the rights of offenders. Another reason people are turning away from them.

Can't she just shout a term of northern endearment at them like "scum"? Not to be mixed up with "scummy" which she attempted to do whilst squirming.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 21-02-22 at 11:50. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It's across lots of the media. She said a fair bit more than this. She said she was hard line on crime, strange considering the knee bending which Momentum have called her out on, and wants the police to antagonize criminals.

And I thought guilt was to be determined in a court? Starmer must be shaking his head. She wants the police to "sort them out". Well we have a few like that in jail...

I'm hard line on crime. I support shoot to kill. I support the police doing more. But I have concerns about a police that takes the law into it's own hands to harass potentially innocent people and dish out punishment. We don't want those floodgates opening when we are supposed to be stamping out corruption. She needs to aim her hard line stance at the courts who so often don't back the work of the police and CPS. Perhaps aiming at the tricks of the lawyers who keep violent criminals in this country using technicalities...or stop Dianne Abbott.

A hard line stance will be popular with working class voters and that's probably all its about. They tend to be sick of a number of the Labour party more concerned with the rights of offenders. Another reason people are turning away from them.

Can't she just short a term of northern endearment at them like "scum"? Not to be mixed up with "scummy" which she attempted to do whilst squirming.
    Whilst I agree that the police and the law in general should be doing more to tackle serious crimes, I don't feel comfortable with the idea of the death sentence being reinstated and/or our plod being routinely armed (apart from places like airports and high-risk locations in central London, etc) and inadvertently trigger-happy.

What will it be next? Reinstating school corporal punishments and giving teachers, social workers, day care staff, doctors, nurses, etc, the right to bear arms?

All sounds a bit knee-jerk reactionary to me.

Page 105 of 227 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast

Thread Information