Page 116 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2275

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Well, Lettuce Not Believe Every Word Of Scaremongering!...

Monkeypox outbreak could be just ‘the peak of the iceberg’, WHO warns

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...berg-who-warns

Vaccines developed for smallpox have also been found to be about 85% effective in preventing monkeypox.

Hmmm, that was one of those old-fashioned vaccines, wasn’t it? It conferred upon the vaccinated between five and ten years of extremely effective immunisation and perhaps a lifetime of gradually diminishing but still measurable antibody response. In fact, the smallpox vaccination programme actually saw off smallpox worldwide. Now that’s what I call a vaccine....
    Seriously I don't understand what's going on right now with this Monkeypox malarkey, when there's still by far, more confirmed Covid cases per day than confirmed Monkeypox cases and Covid still remaining far more harmful than Monkeypox generally, but just lately the media barely seem to mention Covid, nor (for better or worse) do they even bother to publish the daily stats (for Covid) anymore.

Most ironic!

Mine’s A Pint....

I mean, who’s ever gone into a British pub and asked for a litre of anything?

Boris Johnson to reportedly bring back imperial measurements to mark platinum jubilee’...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...atinum-jubilee

Stone me! I’ll bet a pound to a pinch there’ll be a ton of trouble. We’ve had accusations of jubilee Union Flags adorning streets echoing the pageantry of Nazi Germany; now it’ll be Britain celebrating its imperialism; because, you know, there’s this strange bunch of folks who grudgingly admit to being British but loathe being reminded of it. Give them an inch and they’ll turn it into two-point-five centimetres. And don’t ask them to acknowledge their past because they’ll run a kilometre but never a mile.
    TBH, I don't think old-fashioned Imperial measurements ever completely went away in this country, as in some instances they have still coexisted alongside the newer Metric measurements, e.g, inches vs centimetres, feet vs metres, miles vs kilometres, Fahrenheit vs Celsius, etc.

I can't for the life of me imagine why people want to bring Nazi Germany into it all. All a bit of a non-story if you ask me.

Nevertheless, wouldn't it be funny if they tried to bring back old-fashioned Telex systems in order to appeal to the pre-80s nostalgia brigade? Let's face it, even faxes that replaced them in the 80s and 90s are old hat now.

Just When You Thought Things Can Only Get Better...

Dream on!

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/tony-blai...t-party/306017

Tony Blair could be about to launch a new centrist party at a conference next month’...

... Words to chill the marrow. Out of the swirling, miasmic fog shrouding the political landscape, one catches a fleeting glimpse of a grim grey graveyard, where policies and ideals go to die and be buried by a twisting, grinning, wraithlike figure haunted by his past....

“The event has nothing to do with creating a new political party. It’s an ideas conference.”

Whew! Thank goodness for that – it must just have been a horrible nightmare....
    Like him or loathe him, he's one of yesterday's men, basically at the point of no return!

I shall hold you to that, my honourable Mr Coboy
    Makes me wonder how that loser in Number 10 since July 2019 has managed to get away with his misdeeds for so long?

Surely most of his predecessors (of any party) would have been booted out far quicker had they got up to a lot of what he has.

"Tell the world Johnny, that I, Johnny Depp, a man, is a victim of domestic violence and see how many people believe you." Amber Heard

He did tell the world and we believed him.

"I never hit Johnny. I could never hurt Johnny"

Audio played in court ( AH to JD)

"I didn't punch you, I hit you..."

Lie after lie -and barefaced ones at that - all designed to ruin a man's life..

Justice was served yesterday. Not that AH will go down quietly, or do the unthinkable like take accountability for her actions - which is the only way she can ever turn this around.

The woman needs help, for sure..

It's about time the world woke up to the fact that DV isn't just men abusing women; women abuse men too.
    Last edited by NoraB; 02-06-22 at 10:21.

Yesterday there was an article in the Independent about shooter drills in UK schools after recent events Stateside, heavily criticised by some in the profession as disproportionate to the actual threat here in this country.

Surely most of our schools are already fortified and 'Orwellian' enough, not just as a consequence of the Dunblane atrocity in 1996 but also because of 'Paedogeddon' and even the 'threat' of confrontational parents/carers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Yesterday there was an article in the Independent about shooter drills in UK schools after recent events Stateside, heavily criticised by some in the profession as disproportionate to the actual threat here in this country.
    It's knife crime that's the biggest problem in the UK..

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    "Tell the world Johnny, that I, Johnny Depp, a man, is a victim of domestic violence and see how many people believe you." Amber Heard

He did tell the world and we believed him.

"I never hit Johnny. I could never hurt Johnny"

Audio played in court ( AH to JD)

"I didn't punch you, I hit you..."

Lie after lie -and barefaced ones at that - all designed to ruin a man's life..

Justice was served yesterday. Not that AH will go down quietly, or do the unthinkable like take accountability for her actions - which is the only way she can ever turn this around.

The woman needs help, for sure..

It's about time the world woke up to the fact that DV isn't just men abusing women; women abuse men too.
    I followed the trial quite a bit, especially the last week because of having Covid. I saw an interview with her lawyer yesterday she was saying that they weren't allowed to admit medical records into evidence etc so it sounds like it's not just AH who is going to be fighting back.

In all honesty I do think AH needs help and that the verdict was definitely right, but I do think JD needs help too, he's got a lot of issues to deal with.

On a side note, we're seeing Jeff Beck tomorrow night - I wonder if JD will be there?

You do seem to follow these controversial celebs around, Catkins!!

I hope the Harkles won't be attending..or the JD fanatics. Who would want their dirty linen aired in public for the world to gobble up? I think they are both as bad as each other in terms of their need for attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I followed the trial quite a bit, especially the last week because of having Covid. I saw an interview with her lawyer yesterday she was saying that they weren't allowed to admit medical records into evidence etc so it sounds like it's not just AH who is going to be fighting back.
    I watched the entire thing C.. (and behavioural videos on them both, lawyer videos, people who were in court - there is a lot more credible evidence online that the jury didn't get to see)

Re Elaine, where do I start?

I had sympathy for her during the trial. Woman looked like she was on the verge of tears that last week. Her lawyering was shite (Camille Vasquez almost broke her with the objections) but look at the person she was trying to defend? And here I am simply going on how AH conducted herself in court - which was hugely insulting to actual abuse survivors. I have never seen a human being contradict themselves as many times as she did, and UNDER OATH. The story kept changing - sometimes three times in overly-dramatic scene. This is because they were lies. The truth needs no embellishment..

AH stood on that stand and said that everybody, including the NYPD (three officers) were lying. Now Elaine is saying that the jury is wrong? She keeps banging on about the UK trial except that wasn't Amber's trial. It was that 'reputable' rag The Sun (good for selling tits and lies - Hillsborough anyone?) against Johnny Depp. Much of Depp's evidence was suppressed and the same accusations of DV & SV he was saddled with in the UK trial were shown to be untrue in the USA trial. The UK trial took two weeks as opposed to six weeks in the USA one - meaning it was thorough - and the UK judge said that Amber 'didn't come across as a gold digger as she had 'donated' her divorce money to two charities, and we all know how much of a lie that was! Also, the same judge had a conflict of interest (cough cough) as his son has connections to Rupert Murdoch who owns The Sun paper.. So the Elaine has lost any sympathy that people had for her and the best part of those cringe-worthy interviews was the former NFL player who politely asked her to look to herself for losing the trial- not to blame Johnny, the fans, social media or the jury.

Rottenborn appears to be laying low. That, or he's still removing all those Post-It notes that Amber kept shoving at him - even in CLOSING!

In all honesty I do think AH needs help and that the verdict was definitely right, but I do think JD needs help too, he's got a lot of issues to deal with.
    Johnny was open and honest about his addictions. He owned the behaviour and I respect that. I also know that abused people make some incredibly poor choices. If you cannot escape the abuse physically, you try to escape it in your head - meaning alcohol, drugs - whatever. And contrary to Amber's 'I tried to do everything to help Johnny get sober', she carried on getting pissed with her mates while he was trying to get sober.

The only way that AH could in any way redeem herself would be for her to take accountability, but I won't hold my breath on that one because narcissists don't take responsibility. They lie. They blame everybody else. They twist the truth. Amber sent that video to TMZ after editing out the bits which make her look like the narc she is - like when she laughs after Johnny leaves the room. Her dramatic words were ALL about how scared she was of Johnny, but the video, audio, numerous witness testimony and her own behaviour in court (and out of it) tells a different story. I know abuse, and there is no way I could have recalled such traumatic events and look at the jury. Or at anybody. The emotion that comes from abuse is guttural and you'd have to be a damn good actress to be able to fake that and to be in any way believable, and I think it was established that Miss Heard is not the calibre of actor that she believes herself to be ($100 million dollars worth)

On a side note, we're seeing Jeff Beck tomorrow night - I wonder if JD will be there?
    Was he?

I've seen a few videos online with him and Jeff Beck and he looks happy. And he deserves to be after what AH has put him through..

Page 116 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast

Thread Information