Page 123 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2275

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Why Can’t These Criminals Be Deported?

.... ‘there's still anger in Rochdale that none of the men have been deported.

https://news.sky.com/story/rochdale-sex-grooming-gang-member-adil-khan-tells-judge-not-to-deport-him-because-son-needs-role-model-12638802

Since being freed from jail, they have mounted a long legal campaign to try to avoid being kicked out of the UK after their British citizenship was revoked.

A truly shocking side to all this is that these three are representative of the much wider horror that is grooming gangs.

The men claim that being deported would breach their human rights.

Did they not forfeit ‘human rights’ when they acted inhumanly?

Well they did commit heineous crimes against vulnerable children, so stuff their human rights in this instance, especially as they seriously violated the 'human rights' of those poor kids whose lives they have damaged no doubt irreparably, and those evil persons previously let off scot-free to avoid both the authorities and the general public at large being accused of racism and discrimination.

Sorry, but in situations like this ethnicity is irrelevant. Regardless of whether they're Asian, Black, White, you name it, these nonce cases committed appalling crimes against humanity and therefore deserve to face the music like anyone else!

They also make a mockery of the 'decent' law-abiding majority in Asian communities up and down the country, and risk them all being tarred with the same brush, especially by the far-right hate brigades!
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 24-06-22 at 08:47.

Balance is really important as we age, especially for women. (menopause causes osteoporosis)

This is why I make sure I do my Pilates with loads of weight bearing exercises and balancing.

The good news is that balance can be improved on. Mine was pretty shit when I started my physio (2019) On a good day I can stand on one leg without falling over and that's not bad going seeing as I'm partly deaf in one ear! (No chance when I've got vertigo though)

The Balance Of Probability...

...is that at some time in your life you’re going to peg out!

An inability to stand on one leg in older age is linked to increased risk of earlier death, according to a new study that sheds more light on the association between balance and mortality.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...-b2109684.html

The 12-year research, which ran from 2008 to 2020, assessed the ability of over 1,700 people who were aged between 51 and 75 and had stable gait, to stand on one leg for 10 seconds without any support, while allowing three attempts on either foot.

They found that about a fifth of the participants failed the test, and over the next decade, 123 individuals died of various causes.

Don’t you just love these sorts of statistics? The only meaningful conclusion I can draw is that (tap-tap-tappety-tap) 7.23529% of the original 1700 died within ten years of their taking the test; and when it comes to avoiding eventual death, none of us has a leg to stand on....
    Let's just hope that no one from the HA board strays over here and reads this post!

Doctor, I’m terribly worried! My life could be hanging in the balance. I can’t stand on one leg!

Which leg is that, Mr Flamingo?

Well, er, it’s either of them.

Hmmm, I see from your stance that you seem to have rather flat feet.

Oh... is there a cure?

Yes, when you’re on your feet for any length of time, try redistributing some of the load from heels to balls.
    God, these scares keep ebbing and flowing!

Mum regrets buying cheaper Morrisons toilet roll after needing ice to soothe pain of 'exfoliating while you wipe' (msn.com)

Should have gone to our school in the 1970's, love... We had IZAL....(might as well have wiped my arse with a crisp packet)
    Last edited by NoraB; 28-06-22 at 14:23.

I remember BRONCO which brought tears to the eyes and tears to the nether regions...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I remember BRONCO which brought tears to the eyes and tears to the nether regions...
    There's some for sale online £6 if you fancy a stroll down Memory Lane?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Mum regrets buying cheaper Morrisons toilet roll after needing ice to soothe pain of 'exfoliating while you wipe' (msn.com)

Should have gone to our school in the 1970's, love... We had IZAL....(might as well have wiped my arse with a crisp packet)
    Wow, that was one of many old chestnuts of discussions on Digital Spy pre-2021!

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    There's some for sale online £6 if you fancy a stroll down Memory Lane?
    I won't be able to stroll if I revisit that territory!

In fact – and I’ve asked this before – how would we know if these potentially paranoid androids aren’t already posting here?... aren’t already posting here?... aren’t already posting here?... aren’t already posting here?... aren’t already posting here?... aren’t already posting here?...
    CLICK!
    Deep stuff...
    The thing about robots is that they wouldn't leave a half-eaten punnet of blueberries in the toilets...

Also, I have a thing for Transformers (especially Bumblebeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)..

Hell yes, Robots..

Page 123 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast

Thread Information