Page 126 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2275

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Did you all see the video of Shinzo Abe? Insane... so many angry young men out there. Looks like the guy used a ghost gun. It certainly looked homemade in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Boris Told The Truth!...

and wasted most of his time as Prime Minister proving it.

Johnson said: “Having consulted colleagues and in view of the circumstances in parliament I have concluded that person [to lead the country] cannot be me.”...’ June 2016.

https://www.holyrood.com/news/view,b...test_11987.htm

I invested my vote in 2019 in Boris Johnson on the strength of his promise to get Brexit done. In that respect, I received some sort of return; but not the full 100% I hoped for. Let’s be clear, I voted for Boris Johnson, not the Conservative Party or its faceless representative who is our incumbent MP. My choice was for the Boris-the Bold, the bloke who railed against the remainers, nay-sayers and pithering, dithering wets. But really I should have known better. Boris was a latecomer Brexiteer and didn’t have much in the way of zeal before his overnight conversion. On Brexit being won, he wandered off to play cricket. Then he told us quite clearly, on the resignation of David Cameron (and having been back-stabbed by another faceless Conservative, Michael Gove...) that as far as leading Britain was concerned, he’d concluded “...that person cannot be me.”

As Boris contemplates his journey to that great grey graveyard of politics, who’s the next man in? The choice is just absolutely mind-numbingly underwhelming. So, logically, it can only be that half-human, half-Vulcan Mr Spock otherwise known as Sir John Redwood....
    I'm now starting to find this whole Boris saga nothing but an epic borefest.

Not that I no longer care per se, but more down to being totally fatigued by the (obvious) media overkill over the past few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I'm now starting to find this whole Boris saga nothing but an epic borefest.

Not that I no longer care per se, but more down to being totally fatigued by the (obvious) media overkill over the past few days.
    Look on the bright side! Better to find the whole thing boring than to be worried about the instability!

I know what you mean. It’s already becoming almost as tedious and tiresome as Covid. Let’s just hope the irritating internecine squabbling doesn’t get drawn out for anything like as long. But... Britain’s political problems have only just fully resumed play; and it’s like facing into the toilet bowl having been a little bit sick and knowing much worse is yet to come.
    I've noticed that the media in general (including the BBC) have only been covering Covid sparingly (and sporadically) since earlier this year, despite it still being far from over.

Not necessarily to do with political downplaying IMO, contrary to the opinions of some on here (not naming any names).

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Look on the bright side! Better to find the whole thing boring than to be worried about the instability!
    I guess so AV.

It does seem that many in this country are now at long last starting to realise the true colours of our loser of a PM after their previously seemingly having their heads buried in the sand over the past 3 years.

Not entirely factually correct, Mr Coboy. And that’s the stark reality the Conservatives now face: picking a winner who can garner the level of national support that Mr Johnson turned into an eighty seat majority. Those voters who supported him weren’t ostriches. We knew we were voting for a bloke who wasn’t a politician and didn’t play by politicians’ rules; that was a large part of his charisma. What we didn’t foresee was how effortlessly and astoundingly shamelessly Mr Johnson could betray our trust and squander our expectancy; and with so little to show for it. At each and every deception, erstwhile Johnsonites (because many of us weren’t and never will be Conservative supporters) groaned inwardly and hoped it would be his last piece of fatuousness to be sprung on us. It never was....
    That's the whole point I'm making, Pain.

People voted for and supported BJ for all the wrong reasons, especially as he as always come across as 'edgy' and ''ard'. Ditto for Dollard across the pond back in 2016.

I'm still convinced there has been a lot of political apathy in general in this country during BJ's tenure, as he (and the Tories as a whole) still remained ahead in the opinion polls well into 2021; in fact right up until early December of '21 when the Partygate scandal was first starting to come out in the wash.

Whilst still on the subject of Partygate, yesterday Keir Starmer and Angela Rayner were both cleared of Labour's alleged 'Beergate' scandal.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the (as yet partial) Denouement of Big Dog..I'm sure he has been thoroughly enjoying all the media attention and is planning a memorable Grand Finale to be styled as a "Legacy".

Then I reckon he'll schedule a nationwide Evening With Boris road trip to help finance the refurbishment of his new abode(s).

Never a good idea to have a PM with political ADHD but better than Elon Musk, I suppose? Or Jeremy Corbyn.

You're still talking about him, Lenco!

No, they were the right reasons. Look what came before. Mrs May – a typical politician – couldn’t get Brexit done (and probably never wanted to) and became very unpopular with leavers... Mr Cameron – a typical politician – arrogantly but mistakenly thought he could precipitate the EU Referendum, walk through it and come out the other side a laudable winner. Many folks are fed up and feel disenfranchised by a political system full of politicians who never listen to them. Boris Johnson listened and took (full) advantage of the situation. At the 2019 General Election, there was no other viable person to whom leavers could rally behind to get Brexit done. It is erroneous and perhaps disingenuous to imply that those who voted for him were being utter ignoramuses before and after the fact.
    Oh I see.

But many (allegedly) learned the hard way though.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Never a good idea to have a PM with political ADHD but better than Elon Musk, I suppose? Or Jeremy Corbyn.

You're still talking about him, Lenco!
    My dad reckons what largely let Jeremy Corbyn down (aside from all the allegations of anti-Semitism and him (allegedly) being a Commie/terrorist 'sympathiser') was that he was a bit of a 'dinosaur', as he seemed to be stuck in a (too leftist) political timewarp, which probably would have been unworkable these days.

I’m hoping the same happens here, LB. we still have a lot of Americans who are brainwashed by Fox News and still believe Trump won the last election, despite all the evidence and hearings to the contrary. The problem is than none of them watch the hearings and Fox News refused to show the only hearing done in prime time.

Page 126 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast

Thread Information