Page 21 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

In all seriousness it's gone beyond a joke.
    It's gotten to the stage where they've got to either exit now or not at all.
    If nothing else the British parliament is entertaining on Aussie TV.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

I would just like to say thank you to the UK parliament for the entertainment today, and for making my government students actually interested (somewhat) in global affairs. The top question they asked me today: why does the House of Lords have better cushioned benches than the House of Commons?
    Last edited by AntsyVee; 05-09-19 at 04:44. Reason: typo

After seeing last nights news it's obviously so the head of the house gets a better rest

Because most of the time half of the Lords are asleep on the benches But seriously they may want to consider the Lords were always the rich gentry hence a nicer cushion for one's bottom (and the Queen sits in that chamber too, not with the riff raff in the Commons )

That’s what I said to them Terry. They replied that’s terribly elitist...or in their words “That’s messed up”

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    In all seriousness it's gone beyond a joke.It's gotten to the stage where they've got to either exit now or not at all.If nothing else the British parliament is entertaining on Aussie TV.
    It's hilarious. In the indicative votes we had months back not a single proposal secured enough votes. So they failed to agree on alternative types of exit but hilariously they also failed to agree to cancel the exit. All they seem to agree on is extending the time to come up with a solution. I have a feeling it is going to take the EU putting their foot down on extensions to bring this to a head. If we go all Sci-Fi for a minute, considering the climate emergency, these are the idiots who would have to arrange the shuttles to another planet! "We can't agree on where to go and we can't agree on staying so we are requesting Mother Earth grant us an extension pretty please"
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 05-09-19 at 07:52.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    That’s what I said to them Terry. They replied that’s terribly elitist...or in their words “That’s messed up”
    Aha, so they worked out our betters then. I think people may not realise that whilst the Roundheads removed the power of the monarchy back then there was a class system that strongly kept we little people in our subservient place. That might seem strange to Americans but black Americans might find some similarity in their second class status to the working class Brit in our history? We were cattle to the middle classes and aristocracy but then it's the same in the history of every nation to an extent (we had no cake and guillotines though...I studied French history and it was so much more exciting! )

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It's hilarious. In the indicative votes we had months back not a single proposal secured enough votes. So they failed to agree on alternative types of exit but hilariously they also failed to agree to cancel the exit. All they seem to agree on is extending the time to come up with a solution. I have a feeling it is going to take the EU putting their foot down on extensions to bring this to a head. If we go all Sci-Fi for a minute, considering the climate emergency, these are the idiots who would have to arrange the shuttles to another planet! "We can't agree on where to go and we can't agree on staying so we are requesting Mother Earth grant us an extension pretty please"

The House of Lords toilets probably resemble this...

The General Election is a trap for Labour because Labour would lose it and hand Boris a majority, he and Cummings know that and are hoping that Corbyn, Sturgeon will go for it. Tories will lose seats to SNP in Scotland but will gain from Labour in England. Labour need a new leader in order to win an Election.

Avoiding 'No Deal' is what the Rebel Alliance ( Star Wars !!! ) need to focus on, Boris has been lying about it going well as EU have not had a single proposal from him regards what the UK would do instead of the currently agreed withdrawal agreement.

Page 21 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread Information