Page 52 of 228 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I'm pleasantly surprised no one has yet also made attempts to bring the likes of Russia, North Korea, Iran, or whatever other long-standing 'nuclear' bogeyman nation into it.
    Only when they are relevant to the deflection. They will all be back soon post Covid.

If anything closes all these wet markets and other animal abuses, all the better. There's a current campaign against the U.S. on that score over imported elephant skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Right on Pain! When Trump first suggested it we heard the typical refrain from the Dems/media/commies...Racist! Now it's looking more and more like the virus came out of the Wuhan lab from working on GOF (Gain Of Function) research, which is illegal here due to how dangerous it is. But the investigation Biden shut down was the legitimate investigation. The one he ordered is a sham investigation. Let's investigate ourselves! The cartoonish evil little mouse that is Dr F-OUCH-ee has been claiming for a year that his organization (National Institute for Allergies and Infectious Diseases) wasn't funding GOF research in China. Follow the money. Fauci is right up there with Frankenstein, Kevorkian and Mengela. Another question is did China release the virus intentionally?

Fauci at a Congressional hearing last week.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zX049i...ature=youtu.be
    It's legal in the US since 2017 apparently, N. Now that might mean throwing money around is less dirty as it's now seen as an acceptable scientific practice. But does it meet the framework the U.S. created for itself? And are the U.S. as bothered if it's conducted offshore?

Some interesting reading on GOF on Factcheck with some experts who consider the money could have gone into it from the NIH:

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/05/th...-disagreement/

So is the new investigation to find out or point out? Considering the U.S. are investigating their own, possible, involvement it's obviously going to all be the fault of someone else

Pulisa, here is one for you...

https://news.sky.com/story/dr-christ...oster-12319597

Your favourite TV doctor getting a reminder of the law, making false mental health claims to excuse his not knowing of the court case and now getting his begging bowl out to fleece gullible public donators to clear up his mess for him.

As a non-Christian, I find it hilarious when the Catholics and Protestants fight... (I know, I'm a horrible person), but they all believe in Jesus. After so many years of killing each other, can't they call it even by now?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Same with Trump and Hitler. I guess we need to report that one too, Nic?
    Although Trump has fascist tendancies, I have never made that comparison Terry. I don't take that lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I've reported it Vee, and suggest you do the same.
    I'm not trying to get N in trouble. I'm trying to get him to realize what he's doing. At some point in my country, we have to stop writing off the Trumpers and conspiracy theorists as crazies, and ignoring them, and start getting them to read more sources and ask more questions. Ignoring them keeps strengthening the divide...

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Although Trump has fascist tendancies, I have never made that comparison Terry. I don't take that lightly.
    Sorry Vee I wasn't implying you have but there are people on here who do. That should be offensive as there is no comparison to a mass murdering butcher just the same as a comparison to Mengela.

As a non-Christian, I find it hilarious when the Catholics and Protestants fight... (I know, I'm a horrible person), but they all believe in Jesus. After so many years of killing each other, can't they call it even by now?
    The problem for many is likely the violence each side experiences. It can't be easy putting that aside despite political parties pretending they are now civilised.

Somewhere like Northern Ireland will take generations of peace to leave it behind. But then the ties into Scotland show how that sectarian hatred can exist...just because

I'm not trying to get N in trouble. I'm trying to get him to realize what he's doing. At some point in my country, we have to stop writing off the Trumpers and conspiracy theorists as crazies, and ignoring them, and start getting them to read more sources and ask more questions. Ignoring them keeps strengthening the divide...
    You're right, AV, we can't just keep brushing such stuff under the carpet forever, just to 'keep the peace'.

Many 'ordinary' and otherwise quite rational folk the world over up until about 5 years ago were quite blasé about and indifferent towards misinformation, fake news and conspiracy theories, and just seemed to shrug it off as 'freedom of expression' and 'someone else's problem' plus also seemed to have an 'oh let's just leave them to it and let them get on with it' kind of attitude.

Just like with climate change, etc, the world is now sadly paying the price for it all!

Page 52 of 228 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread Information