Page 85 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    There Will Be A Shortage Of Shortages

Britain has often suffered from no shortages. But can we live for long without shortages? Apparently the news media think not and helpfully create one or two when they see a shortage of shortages developing. Currently the biggest threat to normality is the ongoing and pernicious shortage of commonsense… which strangely hasn’t been reported on at all.
    You've got it spot on there mate!

Especially with this 'sheeple' culture we live in today where nearly everyone feels compelled to hop onto the latest bandwagon/craze.

Having said that, petrol panic buying is far from a new phenomenon, and we've already been down that same old road many times before (no pun intended), most notably back in September 2000 (which seemed like absolute panic stations at the time) and sporadically throughout the rest of that decade (around 2005, 2007 and 2008 IIRC) and also around early spring 2012.

Still no signs of panic buying of other items (e.g, toilet rolls), at least not on my manor.

Give it time..

Would an announcement of a shortage of vaccines do the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Give it time..

That would most certainly be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Give it time..

That would be wonderful!

Mini-reactors? I thought you were referring to the Junior Woke Brigade?

🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    There Will Be A Shortage Of Shortages

Britain has often suffered from no shortages. But can we live for long without shortages? Apparently the news media think not and helpfully create one or two when they see a shortage of shortages developing. Currently the biggest threat to normality is the ongoing and pernicious shortage of commonsense… which strangely hasn’t been reported on at all.
    Is this a formal or informal leak? My journalist friend tells me its not important either way...

What we need is some war time slogan. Politicians love slogans. In reminding secret meetings to remain secret perhaps we could have 'loose flaps sink Shapps'

The media have missed an opportunity to add another pile to the avalanche. When people panic buy the media report it and the result is more panic buying. But isn't this really 'panic panic buying'

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    The media have missed an opportunity to add another pile to the avalanche. When people panic buy the media report it and the result is more panic buying. But isn't this really 'panic panic buying'
    Like I've already said before, the media have always loved to spew out good scare stories and have a lot to answer for in terms of manipulating our society, often to suit the editors' personal agendas.

People also get kicks out of riling each other up on social media, especially as if this petrol thing is some kind of 'the end of the world is imminent' scenario.

Some even believe this petrol thing (and the other 'shortages' in general) are part of some sinister governmental conspiracy in order to control us. They still believe the same about Covid and the jabs especially, which is all total nonsense IMO.

They believe in the same old same old conspiracy theories, regardless of political party in power right now, blue, red or other. They're right, everyone else is wrong!

I wonder what the next item nominated for shortages/panic buying will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I wonder what the next item nominated for shortages/panic buying will be?
    Newspapers? Cigarettes? Water? TV sets? Phones? Cars? Power tools? Lawnmowers? Vacuum cleaners? Washing machines? Ironing boards? Toilet seats?

We've already had the toilet roll thing last year, in which there were plenty of stock on the shelves of LIDL in Burton yesterday. Ditto for soap, hand gel, etc.

Page 85 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread Information