Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please tell me I'm overreacting about this mole

Re: Please tell me I'm overreacting about this mole

IMG_2067.jpg It's changing so fast. It almost looks like it is going to peel off and has gotten smaller? This can't be normal.

Pretty sure a key characteristic of melanoma is that they don't shrink.

But they can scab and fall off and I've heard of "disappearing" melanomas? It doesn't feel raised or rough like a scab though. Melanoma and lymph nodes are my weak point because I can't just say I'm "imagining" them. ugh. I'm even annoying myself with the constant posts but I can't help it when I get in this state.

Quote Originally Posted by megan91 View Post
    But they can scab and fall off and I've heard of "disappearing" melanomas? It doesn't feel raised or rough like a scab though. Melanoma and lymph nodes are my weak point because I can't just say I'm "imagining" them. ugh. I'm even annoying myself with the constant posts but I can't help it when I get in this state.
    Are you booked with a doctor?

The mole is changing. I don't know if a melanoma would recede that fast, and I am sure there have to be other things that flake off. Is it possible it's a SK or AK? Have you been scratching at it? I have scratched off SKs that were really dark (like 6 years ago, and it never grew back, so I am thinking SK.

My bets are on SK....but....only a doctor can tell. Something changing warrants a doc, and no one here can tell you what it is. I know it's hard, but you need to book the appointment and then stop posting about it, asking about it, looking at it.

Yes. I have an appointment on Friday. I had not been scratching at it before yesterday morning but since then I've definitely looked at it touched it a lot more. It's not roughed or raised, you can just kind of see an outline where it looks like it's going to flake off. If you've ever had a flat blood blister on your finger, it kind of looks like it'll flake off like that. It's always had a red hue to the brown and looked brighter or closer to the surface than other moles, idk how to explain it. Here's a better picture of it before. 419F0A39-6F74-4114-B7AC-ACD14AC5A142.jpg there's no way I can stop thinking about it. My brain will not allow that haha. I'm better than I was yesterday though. I'm just hoping it was never a mole to begin with with how drastic and fast it's changing.

Well took a shower and the "scab" fell off now looks like a regular light brown mole, like all the other ones I have all over my body. So that can't be good that it was scabbed and even my doctor couldn't even tell...

Hi just wondering how did it go?
    I’m having a similar thing with one of mine, on my back it’s light brown probably about 4mm wide, and several weeks ago the corner of it was coming away and scabbed up not sure if I caught it or because of my bra.
    It’s better now but still abit rough feeling/scabby it hasn’t got bigger or anything.
    My doctor seems adamant it’s ok and most likely a seborrheic keratosis... I’m not sure I’m only 30! Driving me mad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information