Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concern for rabies: question about the vaccine

Unhappy Concern for rabies: question about the vaccine

So I have a question which hopefully the NMP community could answer:

Last year I decided to have my pre-exposure vaccine against rabies as a preparation against future exposures (incase), and this was last July 2018.
    What made me have my vaccinations was because last year, I got worried about rabies that I decided to have my injections for a peace of mind.

However last June 2018, I went out to buy some stuff for my school project but it was really raining hard, so I decided to take shelter under a nearby roof. I was waiting for the rain to calm down that time, along with some few people who were also beside me.

Recently I got worried: what if a stray dog/cat licked the small wound on my right leg while I was standing (the wound btw was this: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=218554).

I didn't felt any licking or something with a stray that time, but what if it's because it was raining hard that time and my legs were soaked with puddles and rainwater

I did had my 4 booster shots last January and March 2019 because my unvaccinated pet pup bit me twice (altho it's not much of a concern).

My question is: Should I be concerned about what happened last year?
    also: Can rabid stray animals even go out in the rain?
    Last edited by Bubbletea; 12-04-19 at 14:55.

Re: Concern for rabies: question about the vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbletea View Post
    So I have a question which hopefully the NMP community could answer:

Last year I decided to have my pre-exposure vaccine against rabies as a preparation against future exposures (incase), and this was last July 2018.
    What made me have my vaccinations was because last year, I got worried about rabies that I decided to have my injections for a peace of mind.

However last June 2018, I went out to buy some stuff for my school project but it was really raining hard, so I decided to take shelter under a nearby roof. I was waiting for the rain to calm down that time, along with some few people who were also beside me.

Recently I got worried: what if a stray dog/cat licked the small wound on my right leg while I was standing (the wound btw was this: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=218554).

I didn't felt any licking or something with a stray that time, but what if it's because it was raining hard that time and my legs were soaked with puddles and rainwater

I did had my 4 booster shots last January and March 2019 because my unvaccinated pet pup bit me twice (altho it's not much of a concern).

My question is: Should I be concerned about what happened last year?
    also: Can rabid stray animals even go out in the rain?
    What!?! This makes no sense. There is no way within a year if you had rabies, you would not have symptoms.

Why did you delete this thread from the rabies forum and put it here?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Why did you delete this thread from the rabies forum and put it here?

Positive thoughts
    yeah sorry i forgot to add but i accidentally deleted my post earlier while i was trying to edit it

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbletea View Post
    yeah sorry i forgot to add but i accidentally deleted my post earlier while i was trying to edit it
    I think you know what I'll say about your concerns and I know you know deep down so I'll leave it at that

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    What!?! This makes no sense. There is no way within a year if you had rabies, you would not have symptoms.
    the wound was in my lower right leg and i was standing while waiting for the rain to calm down, along with other people (note i didnt have any rabies vaccines that time), so i was worrying what if the incubation is long? it has been 10 months as of today and because of my hypochondria, im super worried.

I think you know what I'll say about your concerns and I know you know deep down so I'll leave it at that

Positive thoughts
    yeah i know what you're gonna say, but anyway, sorry because my health anxiety is just 10000x worse that whenever a worry would die down, another one would rise again

Did you speak to your dad about that mental health help again?

Positive thoughts

Did you speak to your dad about that mental health help again?

Positive thoughts
    only once and i never did again... he's a very workaholic man and it's hard to discuss personal things like this to a closed person like him

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information