Hi all,

I’ve been lurking here for quite a while, reading all your experiences on various anti psychotic medication (as that added on to an SSRI seems to be the only thing that eases my anxiety, OCD and subsequent depression.) Coming here has been really informative and also reassuring in knowing that others are in the same boat.

Anyway, over the Christmas period I switched my Fluvoxamine and Quetiapine combo (that was no longer working) to Sertraline 100mg and Olanzapine 2.5mg. The Sertraline didn’t do a fat lot but after the addition of Olanzapine in February I felt like a switch had been flicked and I felt so much better.

I still had horrible OCD thoughts but overall, I was much calmer, more clear headed and was better able to manage the OCD thoughts and function day to day. However, this week, it has all come crashing down. My OCD is through the roof but also my general anxiety is dibilitating.. to the point I can’t think straight or do my job effectively. I’ve only been on my Olanzapine since February.. can it really poop out so soon after working so well before? It’s only been 2 months! I’m loathe to increase the dose as when I was on 5mg before, I ballooned and was way too big for my small frame.

Can anyone relate? I’ve tried Quetiapine (worked great for 2 years then stopped), Abilify (worked great but had horrific akathesia and insomnia) and risperidone (worked great for 3 months then stopped. The second time, suffered terrible insomnia.)

I’ve had loads of therapy but meds are the only thing that have made any difference.

Do you think the meds have stopped working? Or could this just be a blip? Any thoughts appreciated. 😊😊 Thank you.