Thread: I'm 43 and noticing my periods are disappearing - anyone else have this happen?

I'm 43 and noticing my periods are disappearing - anyone else have this happen?

Hi All,
    I've just turned 43, my last period was non existant and now my second period is the same!
    I've recently had an transvaginal ultrasound as I wanted to get my ovaries checked, so this would have checked my cervix, and all my internal 'female' organs so I'm assuming it's ok, but why am I missing periods and this is causing me huge concern. I"m only 43!
    Has this happened to anyone else and it was ok?
    I'm thinking maybe something is wrong with my body - maybe not my female organs but maybe my pancreas and that's affecting my hormones and my periods!
    Share your missed period stories, I'm trying to tell myself it's ok - but you know what we are like, we freak out unnecessarily and catastrophes!
    Going to Dr tomorrow anyway - unless this period starts up then i'm ok..... I just want to bleed!

Re: I'm 43 and noticing my periods are disappearing - anyone else have this happen?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: I'm 43 and noticing my periods are disappearing - anyone else have this happen?

Where did you move it too sorry? What is the post called?

I think EVERY woman experiences this! Peri-menopause! Very normal, I wouldn't worry.

Perimenopause the fun stuff before menopause going through some of it now. The average age is 40-50. Keep a log of all your symptoms, how periods act, also look up mysecondspring it's a website for women going through perimenopause and have had menopause.

Thanks guys, it's just annoying and when you google it it come up with cervical cancer!!! which terrifies me as both my Mum and cousin had that!

Make sure you have your smears! But, ultimately, you are 100% likely to become menopausal at some point and less than 1% likely to get cervical cancer. And this pattern of bleeding isn't even symptomatic of cervical cancer.

So my money's on peri-menopause.

SAme.......perimenopause, you are right in the age-range and what you are describing is not 'cancer' symptomatic. Maybe you will be one of those lucky women who finds her periods just quickly stop.

Pre/peri menopausal symptom for sure, sometimes they can slow right down then start up again. I finished at 48 then had a period 3 years later, it was the last surge before I finished up.
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 14-04-19 at 22:34.

I just turned 42 and celebrated with my first 36-day cycle. I figure this is where it all starts for me

Thread Information