Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Heartburn/Hunger Issue

Weird Heartburn/Hunger Issue

So last night I had some sphaghetti that had some spicy sauce it. It was very good but I noticed I had some heartburn afterwards. When I went to bed, I felt hungry. Not overwhelmingly hungry or anything but it was noticeable.

I had a similar issue almost exactly a year ago where I had some heartburn issues along with nausea, burping, bloating, and hunger pangs. All of the symptoms went away but the hunger pangs lingered on. They were horrible. I remember one night I woke up at like 3AM and had to eat something. I was diagnosed with gastritis and given some OTC prilosec to take. It helped but didn't fully eliminate. I then thought it was an ulcer because of the hunger pangs and everthing. I went back for a H. Pylori test which came back negative. Strangely enough over the course of the summer, the symptoms just disappeared and I felt fine.

I am concerned that this issue might be coming back again. I avoid spicy and fried foods except the occasional Indian meal. I like coffee too.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue?

Re: Weird Heartburn/Hunger Issue

Just to clarify... aside from heartburn from eating spicy food which is normal for many people, your issue is feeling hungry several hours after eating?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Just to clarify... aside from heartburn from eating spicy food which is normal for many people, your issue is feeling hungry several hours after eating?

Positive thoughts
    I guess so but it felt similar to my issue last year when I had gnawing hunger pangs and woke up in the middle of the night. It ended up going away on its own somehow.
    I was just overly concerned perhaps.

This was pretty much what I went through when I had gastritis too. Hopefully your symptoms will calm down soon. But if it does come back then at least you know how to cope with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    This was pretty much what I went through when I had gastritis too. Hopefully your symptoms will calm down soon. But if it does come back then at least you know how to cope with it.
    Yeah I went through the full spectrum of taking a OTC prilosec for month or so then went off of that to take a H. Pylori test which came back negative. Right now its just the hunger pangs and some burping. Doesn't seem as intense as the last bout with it last year.

So the hunger pangs have gone away but now I have really bad gas. I feel bloated too. Guess it is an off day for my stomach. In fact I am not really hungry at all.
    I will update tomorrow.

So I have noticed the hunter pangs have come back a little but not bad. I still had to eat something to relieve them. This has me wondering if I have h pylori or something. It’s almost like Deja vu of what happened last year. I might phone my doctor in the next few days if it continues to see what I should do.

Does anyone have any advice or insight?

Quote Originally Posted by THoltz View Post
    Does anyone have any advice or insight?
    Again... you ate some spicy food that gave you some heartburn... normal. You got some hunger pangs a few hours after eating. What is abnormal about that? It's your body saying "feed me!" I understand you feel this is not normal but I just don't see this as anything but.

Go ahead... call your doctor if you really feel you need to. "Told Ya So Gang" will be on standby if you do.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So today I woke and felt fine. I was understandably hungry after not eating for 12 hours or so. I had some breakfast but the hunger returned after an hour or so. I also checked my weight and it was in the 166-167 range which is normal for me.
    Maybe its just me overanalyzing this but I usually don't recall feeling this hungry so shortly after eating. I really don't want to go through what I did last year. Those hunger pangs were not pleasant.

It sounds as though you need to take a look at your anxiety issues - they can make you hyper-aware, which really isn't good if you have a bit of a sensitive stomach already.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information