Thread: The beginning of a new life

The beginning of a new life

Today marked a landmark event for me. Today I broke down in tears after I had my final session of psychological therapy for a condition that almost cost me so much. 2 years ago today I was starting to get symptoms. 18 months ago I couldn’t leave the house, couldn’t drive, I couldn’t focus on anything other than the symptoms I was getting, and I was ready to drop out of medical school and delay my working life by at least a year. Today I am 8 months qualified as a doctor, I can drive, I can go out alone, and I can have a life again. Therapy has literally given me my life back.
    Mental Health is something not spoken about nearly enough and something I feel is chronically underfunded. The reason I am sharing this today is to encourage you to seek help if you feel you need it. I know it’s not always easy to talk to people you know (although I’m always here to listen!) and sometimes therapy is the best way forward. I just want to let you know that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel, from someone who 18months ago was convinced there definetly wasn’t.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: The beginning of a new life

Great to read of your success in beating anxiety and not letting it destroy your future. You have obviously worked hard and deserve your rewards

Never Surrender, Comrade

Wonderful news. Congratulations & thanks for sharing x

Quote Originally Posted by vegetabletarian View Post
    Today marked a landmark event for me. Today I broke down in tears after I had my final session of psychological therapy for a condition that almost cost me so much. 2 years ago today I was starting to get symptoms. 18 months ago I couldn’t leave the house, couldn’t drive, I couldn’t focus on anything other than the symptoms I was getting, and I was ready to drop out of medical school and delay my working life by at least a year. Today I am 8 months qualified as a doctor, I can drive, I can go out alone, and I can have a life again. Therapy has literally given me my life back.
    Mental Health is something not spoken about nearly enough and something I feel is chronically underfunded. The reason I am sharing this today is to encourage you to seek help if you feel you need it. I know it’s not always easy to talk to people you know (although I’m always here to listen!) and sometimes therapy is the best way forward. I just want to let you know that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel, from someone who 18months ago was convinced there definetly wasn’t.
    Proper pleased for you! really am, good luck in the future!

Thread Information