Thread: Blue circle in my vision

Blue circle in my vision

So I was doing pretty well with my health anxiety. I've not been to the doctors in two months, and it's been six months since I went to the opticians.

Then yesterday out of nowhere I was lying down half asleep and I saw something in my vision which made my jump, and it gave me a start. I was doing that thing where you let your eyes go blurry and in the centre of my vision this blue/black spot appeared, and as I relaxed my eyes it got larger and larger. It went away when I sharpened my eyes, but since then I've noticed this blue circle which is slightly changing the colour of whatever I look at, and it's there when I close my eyes.

It's not an after image of something bright because I've had those and usually they go away before now. I've also got a massive headache, but for me this isn't too unusual as I get them a lot.

I'm just quite worried about what it could be, and upset because I immediately fell into bad habits. I have a lot of anxiety about losing my sight but I'm anxious about going to the opticians again and getting laughed at (although last time I went they did actually confirm I had small cataracts in each eye, as a 25yr old).

Re: Blue circle in my vision

From another vision thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Hyper-focusing on normal visual anomalies and attributing negative thoughts, feelings and fear.
    It really is as simple as that IMO and I'm sure the headache isn't helping.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information