Thread: I hate IBS

I hate IBS

Not worried or anxious about the IBS, just wanted to vent in a place that has people that understand and won’t be too disturbed at the mention of bowels.

I swear this condition is just out to make me as uncomfortable as possible in all creative ways right now.

I’ve had three weeks of more mucus than even my body knows what to do with, then two weeks of constipation only going small amounts then a massive very painful clear out, rinse and repeat over 5 day streaks.

Seems I’m going to have to behave myself with food, namely A LOT more veggies and fibre...... stupid gut! And stupid DWP taking this long to let me know if they will change their (completely wrong) assessment of me.

Venting over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Re: I hate IBS

That sounds horrendous, I'm sorry.

Hope the DWP get their backsides in gear and get back to you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    That sounds horrendous, I'm sorry.

Hope the DWP get their backsides in gear and get back to you soon.
    You and me both! I did write a very nice letter explaining what I believe has been overlooked and I was told to expect a letter around last Thursday and I’m still waiting.

My IBS troubles usually only punish me for my bad food choices but at the moment it seems to just be hating on me for being stressed, which is understandable but still painful nonetheless.

Been there, done that.

My diet's been atrocious these past few days and I'm pretty sure I'll be paying the price myself soon.

I was at a fermentation workshop at the weekend, and if it's something I decide to keep doing I'll be quite interested to see if that helps with my gut flora.

I hate IBS

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Been there, done that.

My diet's been atrocious these past few days and I'm pretty sure I'll be paying the price myself soon.

I was at a fermentation workshop at the weekend, and if it's something I decide to keep doing I'll be quite interested to see if that helps with my gut flora.
    I can accept it when I pay for what I eat, that’s a choice I make. This is just cruel

Fermentation sounds really interesting and I have heard things of that nature can really help the gut, if you do carry it on you’ll have to let me know how it goes!

Last edited by Midnight-mouse; 16-04-19 at 17:11.

Aww mouse, you have been such a great help tp me, and I can only imagine what you go through yourself.

Having something chronic like ibs can be difficult to deal with, but I believe you are a strong person, and hopefully you will find a solution to handle it better 😌

Quote Originally Posted by glittery View Post
    Aww mouse, you have been such a great help tp me, and I can only imagine what you go through yourself.

Having something chronic like ibs can be difficult to deal with, but I believe you are a strong person, and hopefully you will find a solution to handle it better
    Thanks for this glittery, I was just complaining after a really painful ‘event’ they don’t happen all the time and I’m used to it. I just need to eat better and decompress some of this stress.

Unfortunately I advise on IBS related things because I am VERY familiar with it, it’s not a big deal though! I was just feeling moody and annoyed with my gut for having a mind of it’s own, also if someone else reads what I go through and finds it comforting to know their not alone and it doesn’t mean that there’s something seriously wrong then I’ve achieved my goal.

Hope you’re doing well!

Thread Information