Thread: Had a major setback need someone to talk to

Had a major setback need someone to talk to

I’m so disappointed in myself ! I’ve been doing so well over the past month regarding my fear of MND and for some stupid reason decided to google as I am still twitching 4 months later - I have now convinced myself I have it and have been crying on the bathroom floor ever since . I am so mad at myself for doing this

Re: Had a major setback need someone to talk to

Don't be mad at yourself? This happens to all of us from time to time. Re-read FMP's sticky thread, use your coping strategies and you'll soon get to feeling better again.

Hi Blue Iris thanks for getting back to me - god I was at a low point last night :( trying to start afresh today it’s so difficult ! I am going on holiday tomorrow and wish I could relax

Baby steps, Murphy. Where are you going?

Off to Tenerife for some sun hopefully !!

Ohh, wonderful! I'm just glad to have a few days away from work.

Hi Murphy93,
    I am still in the same boat as you but the longer these twitches continue the more reassurance that nothing else sinister is happening.
    Do I worry? Yes but not as much as 3 months ago. ALS is not subtle and would be progressing and getting worse.
    I have noticed that when I am tired or have my period that twitches become 10 times as bad. This leads away from our fear as it would not show this way.
    It is horrible and I am like you and act normally, work etc and then a twitch occurs and the feeling of dread returns.
    Have you been referred to a neurologist?

Murphy, congratulate yourself for recognizing that you fell off the wagon and climb back on. And kudos for your good month with HA under control. (And I’m major jealous of your trip--have fun!)

Hi all that’s me back from my holiday - was nice to have a break and see some sun . Thank you so much for your replies! Funnily enough I barely twitched when away - maybe once a day in my foot or thigh . Unfortunately had a bit of a panic attack on my last night . I’m experiencing body fatigue all over like I have the flu my legs and arms and neck ache !! I hope this is just my body exhausted from anxiety . I have not been referred to a neurologist no my doc just doesn’t seem concerned - I told her last time and she took some muscle blood tests ? That was all. I’m vit d sufficient so currently trying to build this back up . I just wish I could get out of this fear - not sure how long als takes to read it’s ugly head but I’m hoping 4 months and nothing maybe be a good sign ?? I hope you are all doing well and getting some nice weather like we are in the uk for a change

Thread Information