Thread: Biopsy

Biopsy

Hi, does anyone know why D2 biopsies would be taken? Is this routine? I was told everything looks normal but so worried as to why they’ve taken them it’s going to be a long 10days waiting on results.

Re: Biopsy

Don't know what a D2 biopsy is but every time I have a colonoscopy they take biopsies. It is routine.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you, i wish they’d explained it a bit more to me I didn’t know it was routine it’s set the panicking off again🙄

I had a colonoscopy 3 years ago and they took 8 biopsies, I ask the Dr when I received my results why and he said they looking for inflammation and infections that cant be seen with the naked eye - you will be fine

It's very normal for them to take biopsies! My doctor said to me before along the lines of "Might as well take something while we're up there" lol x

Have you been losing weight,they might be testing for coeliac disease,but you said that the results were normal so I wouldn’t be worried.

When I had mine colonoscopy and endoscopy, they took biopsies to rule out celiac and microcolitis. This was because I had had IBS since I was a teenager, and the doctor wanted to rule out any other causes for my symptoms as long as they were doing the scopes anyway.

Thread Information