Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mole on scalp?

Re: Mole on scalp?

Yes!
    Also AVOID any apps that you can download.
    Any dermatologist is going to be anxious about saying 'yeah that looks fine!' over the app

Believe me - it happened to me. My mole wasn't even mildly dysplastic on histology, but a particular app had me convinced it was a melanoma.

So yes avoid avoid avoid.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Doesn't even look like an "angry" mole to me!

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by RadioGaGa View Post
    Yes!
    Also AVOID any apps that you can download.
    Any dermatologist is going to be anxious about saying 'yeah that looks fine!' over the app

Believe me - it happened to me. My mole wasn't even mildly dysplastic on histology, but a particular app had me convinced it was a melanoma.

So yes avoid avoid avoid.
    Oh I meant go to the next available dermatology appointment not app haha. I’ve done the app thing before and it’s useless and makes me worry more. I just wanted to know if other people bought it warranted a trip to the doctor which it sounds like it probably doesn’t.

Those apps are awful! They just increase our HA and there are so many variables, lighting, angle, etc. Not worth it at all!

Quote Originally Posted by nicole97 View Post
    Those apps are awful! They just increase our HA and there are so many variables, lighting, angle, etc. Not worth it at all!
    Being a hobbist photographer, i know lighting, angle and lens can make a difference; but i was blown away at just how much the effect is seen on something like a smart phone. I can make the same spot look COMPLETELY different, just by trying a different angle and distance; add in the effects of the built-in flash or external light, and forget about it. Heck, i can make a drastic difference to my own eyes (no camera) just using different lighting sources and moving the skin the right way.

There is a reason derms use a purpose built instrument, one that has a fixed lens and lighting.. that is why.

Just posting here as I need to not google. I started to and I think I just need to get out how anxious I am on here as opposed to looking up scary things online. I’ve been checking the mole multiple times daily. Sometimes I’m okay with what I see and reassure myself and sometimes I’m ready to make a derm appt. I keep trying to think what would a normal person do?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information