Thread: Anxiety or virus?

Anxiety or virus?

Wow - shocked to see how many people suffer with this ...

Around 2 months ago I had a confrontation with a classmate (Im a postgrad) and as I never fall out with anyone this took me by surprise. We made up almost immediately after but the entire scenario made me nervous and I felt sick, weak and all night I was burning up and down and to this day I dont know whether it was bad PMS, anxiety or a virus.

The last couples months have been OK but yesterday I was walking in the park with my friend and it got quite warm (Im british and not used to this haha) and I had a mocha whilst we walked..at around 4pm.. I also had a red bull 6 hours before but as usual felt perfect and energized (Im a big fan of caffeine and deal fine usually). A few hours after I got a dull headache and stiff neck, I panic when im the slightest bit unwell as I have bad emetophobia and naturally think Im sick so I continued to walk but felt very agitated..stressed etc. I went home, ate a bit of pasta and felt more or less ok..just tired all night. I went to bed at 12am and felt awfully groggy and THEN, ten mins into sleep the heart beating started. Fast, hard, continuous..no palpitations just a HUGE speed increase. I woke up EVERY HOUR. The beating didnt stop..just BOOM. BOOM. BOOM....I finally got some sleep at around 6-8 and weirdly Ive woken and feel better. But the entire incident has got me anxious and Im scared whats going on...

does this sound viral? My stomach was a bit off but unlike viruses Ive had in the past I had no nausea or fever ...Ive had easter holidays but did break up with someone last week and have been trying to run on the treadmill...also been trying to keep up appearances with friends as not to upset them - im sure this is what I do day to day anyway though haha.

Re: Anxiety or virus?

Can totally relate to the feelings after confrontation. Happens to me all the time. I had a guy knock my door and refuse to leave until I told him my name. Turned out to a be a bailiff who was looking for somebody who didn't live at this address anymore. I had to call the police and they asked him to leave. But the whole ordeal knocked me about. I became breathless when speaking to him, and flustered. Afterwards I was shaking like a leaf and couldn't calm. I think it's a pretty normal feeling if I'm honest because there's so much adrenaline that's preparing you to protect and defend if required. Whenever I get in a situation like that I have this crazy buzz vibration in my head.

You know what caused this. Coffee and energy drinks. Cut them out honestly. I used to be able to drink cans of energy drinks with no issues then one day they started affecting my ectopic heartbeats. Sugar and caffeine are the worst. Both will cause palpitations and ectopic heartbeats. Many people refuse to touch them because they'll send a normal person into a spin and a crash.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Anxiety or virus?

Thankyou. You may be right - I woke feeling better and have had water all day and feel awesome..so probably not a virus - I also sat weird in the park so that might explain the neckache. Im sorry to hear about your confrontational issues too - its so hard to live sometimes haha!

Thread Information