Thread: Testicular cancer scare

Testicular cancer scare

Hi guys I got a cyst on my left testicle which I have had for the last 20 years. It has always ached but in the last month it has become really painful, and the pain radiates into my stomach, lower back and down my left leg. I went to the doctors a few days ago and they said the pains are nothing to do with my cyst but could be IBS. I find this really weird as I can feel the pain in my testicle and when touched a pain shoots down my left leg. Can a cyst turn cancerous as I don't believe this is IBS and I'm getting worried?? The doctor said there is no need for an ultrasound as the cyst hasn't changed size. Any advice would be great. Lump is about size of a marble, with a smaller lump attached. Thanks Carl

Testicular scare

Hi guys I got a cyst on my left testicle which I have had for the last 20 years. It has always ached but in the last month it has become really painful, and the pain radiates into my stomach, lower back and down my left leg. I went to the doctors a few days ago and they said the pains are nothing to do with my cyst but could be IBS. I find this really weird as I can feel the pain in my testicle and when touched a pain shoots down my left leg. Can a cyst turn cancerous as I don't believe this is IBS and I'm getting worried?? The doctor said there is no need for an ultrasound as the cyst hasn't changed size. Any advice would be great. Lump is about size of a marble, with a smaller lump attached. Thanks Carl

Re: Testicular cancer scare

Quote Originally Posted by coyi1986 View Post
    Referred pain into the testicles from the bowels can definitely happen.

Have you had other symptoms of IBS that has led to this diagnosis?

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Re: Testicular scare

It's unusual they don't think the pain is related - any male that's ever got 'knocked in the balls' knows the horrible nauseating feeling that radiates to your stomach and reverberates throughout your entire body (been there a few times... It ain't pleasant)

Then if the pain is reproduced by touching the lump, that would say its linked?

Testicular cancer is usually (almost always) NOT painful. And a cancerous lump is rock hard and irregular so if you had that your doctor (and you) would know. So I think we can rule that out

One thing to enquire about could be epididimytis, which could certainly cause your symptoms.

Im on the mobile atm so I can't link but go to PATIENT UK and search for Epididimytis and read the patient articles (not professional reference)

Good luck but IMHO you don't have anything to worry unduly about

Re: Testicular scare

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Testicular cancer scare

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information