Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: My new baby (crow)

Re: My new baby (crow)

Moss is so big and grown up now. She/he’s moved into a new nest and takes a great interest in everything. Today she sat out in the sunshine and watched while I dug for interesting grubs and worms. I think by the end of the week or early next week she will be trying to fly. Will keep you posted!

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

What an amazing job you've done! First time I've heard about someone doing this and succeeding. So you take Moss out now? Post a pic when you get a chance

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    What an amazing job you've done! First time I've heard about someone doing this and succeeding. So you take Moss out now? Post a pic when you get a chance
    Oh I would bamboozle you with pictures of my baby if I could! But for some reason it keeps saying “failed to upload”. I only have an iPhone. Any ideas? (It has worked before obvs)

So, when she starts digging for grubs herself will she be looking for the spade?

The images thing might be because the file extension isn't allowed (see the list in the attachments when you do it) or it could be too big. It usually says why though.

This is such lovely news. So glad Moss is thriving in your care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohhhhh I'm sooo jealous of your experience, so few people in the world get the chance to bring up a baby bird. Thanks for the update Jo-jo.....looking forward to flying lessons ?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    She's a beauty. Growing well from all your care. Nice work, jojo!
    Thank, Terry, but as JoJo will agree, I'm sure, we get so much back from our efforts. Tis the season so I have been combing the yard for baby birds that may have fallen out of the nest (we have tons of feeders and houses in the yard) and I also am constantly scanning the roadways for turtles. It's the time of year for the females to cross the road to look for a place to lay their eggs.
    Sue

C6792F70-878E-420F-B9C5-63D31766BDB3.jpgAnd now look! My baby’s first proper flight was to here! Proud mama!!

She's so beautiful!

Oooo Jojo, was only thinking of Moss earlier, so tell us how the flight thing was achieved, how did you get her to do it.....did she just kind of launch off something on her own ?

She looks greyish underneath, are all her feathers not out yet? 'Astounding work on your part !

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information