Thread: Ian the Mirena part of this?

Ian the Mirena part of this?

Hi
    I’m in a bit of a state, For the last three days I have been having a brownish/pink slight bleed, I am due or near my period so when it first started I thought that that was the cause anyway I’ve had no period but still the light spotting, it’s no more than a slight amount I don’t need a pad it’s that light. I am all up to date with my smear and I’m not due one for another 18 months or so.
    I had my Mirena Colin removed just before Christmas, I’ve had normal if not slightly heavier periods and they have been quite regular give or take a day or so. I’m having loads of pms symptoms, cramps, headache which I never got before I had the Mirena fitted. Last months period was regular but in the lighter side. I’m so confused and I’m a state about it thinking everything is wrong as we do. Any experience like this would be very helpful.

Re: Ian the Mirena part of this?

Maybe just your period getting back to normal? I know that it can go a bit irregular when you come off the medina. I had much much heavier bleeds when I had mine taken out but I had the copper put in and that can cause heavy bleeding in itself. But a year later my periods are lighter than they were when it was first switched.
    How old are you and are you on any other contraception now?

Thread Information