Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *GG's Wedding Bells!*

*GG's Wedding Bells!*

Well - here I am back from the Twilight Zone (I think!)

First, thank you for all the good wishes and thoughts on the occasion of my daughter's wedding - they really meant such a lot to me and I certainly hung on to them, especially during the GG moments.....which is why I'm posting this thread in Success Stories and not in the Celebration forum !!

Why are weddings the most beautiful and joyous of occasions yet, at the same time, the most frustrating and stressfull ??!!.....

......especially when you discover a wet patch on your handbag just as the photographer points his camera at you?? (get to that later!)

......and when the flowers arrive two hours late and have started to go brown around the outside so you have to plunge them into cold water in the bathroom which means the bride doesn't get to even see them til 15 mins before the ceremony?

......and you're in the middle of a hot flush and realise you can only open a small window in your hotel room (well, the coach house was a lot cheaper than the main hotel )

.......and then there's that wet patch on your handbag

.......and you have to supervise the dressing of your grandson and your hubby in a room that resembles a small greenhouse

.......and because of the above you forget to wear nice big beige knickers under your dress so the vpl doesn't show, and you wear your sexy white lace ones instead - which stand out like a beacon for all to see

........and then there's that wet patch on your handbag

.......and you get lost in the foyer of the hotel 5 mins before the wedding (because you had to put on some more of that green foundation that hides the redness on your neck, which was caused by the hot flush which was caused by the high temperatures in the cheap room etc etc) and the receptionist doesn't know which room the ceremony is in either

......and after the service the photographer decides to have you all sitting on the wall that overlooks the beach for the photographs. Long way down !!!

......it is then that you discover what the wet patch on your handbag is. Of course! It's your only bottle of Rescue Remedy - with the bottom missing!!! It is at this point you contemplate pushing your mother (who also dislikes sitting on the wall and has insisted on digging her nails into your thigh throughout the photo session!) off the wall.......but then you just think cool calm NMP thoughts...JFDI, JFDI, JFDI....peace and harmony return...

....until two days later on the way to the wedding reception when you leave the imprint of your rings on each side of the wedding cake (which you are transporting on your lap) because the taxi driver is really a frustrated rally driver and insists on taking each bend at 90mph!!

....and you nearly plunge the decorative cake knife into the wedding planner because they've taken the cake away to cut it up and the photos haven't even been taken. GG was very 'vocal' as she charged through the kitchen doors behind the bar!! However, she did manage to retrieve the cake in the nick of time...

Sooo, a very good time was had by all.....really! It was worth every stress-filled, nail biting, expletive-uttering moment!!....and this is the condensed version lol .....full version upon request!!!!

Oh, and here's a link to some photos : you may have to copy and paste it into your browser...

http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=1c93e43c.pbw

Thanks for letting me let off steam again.....seem to make a habit of this dont I ??

Once again, all the thoughts and encouragement from everyone here got me through some very hairy-scary moments.....and without so much as a squirt of Rescue Remedy (because of the wet patch in me handbag etc etc)......

Happy Daze !!!

PS: duh....forgot to underline link!! - should be ok now lol !!
    Last edited by groovygranny; 11-09-07 at 19:55. Reason: activated link!

Re: *GG's Wedding Bells!*

GORGEOUS PICS!
    You're daughter is completely stunning.

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Awww GG the photos are lovely!

Your daughter looked beautiful, i bet you where so proud of her You looked stunning too

Im so pleased you had such a lovely day

I think you coped just fab !!

love and hugs

Andrea
    xxxxxx

GG for a job well done being Mother of the Bride. I got quite a chuckle at your story. Your photos were beautiful as was your daughter and yourself. Looked like a beautiful wedding.

Love,

Laura

GG you both looked stunning hun. xxx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Glad you had such a smashing day despite the wet patch lol!!

The link doesn't work for me so I'll wait to see them on facebook instead!

Now you didn't go and cry and look like a pig did you????

Love Piglet

GG

you do make me laugh hun.
    HTML Code:
    [IMG]http://www.emotihost.com/ver1/lol/19.gif[/IMG]
    So well described I felt I was there!!!
    I am glad you hafd a good day. Beautiful photos. I am sure you were so very very proud!
    You should be proud of yourself too GG!

Happyone
    xx

............ok...something went wrong with my smiley! It was a lovely laughing one! LOL

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

They are just wonderful pics, you and your daughter both look stunning on them

GG,

You did Fantastic Hun.

The photos are stunning and you all look so very lovely.

Hey I know all about that wet patch mate as my Bach Flower Remedy also leaked on the plane when I went to Norway! So I did the wet patch handbag thang to! I hope you put it on the floor and danced around it though!LOL

Take Care Sweetie,

Love & Janner Hugs,

Pip's X X X X

GG your stories always make me laugh

You and your daughters all looked absolutely stunning mate

Well done for coping so well

Love

Trac xxxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast