Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feels sooooo bad but can't bring myself to take my antidepresssants

Feels sooooo bad but can't bring myself to take my antidepresssants

Hi

I've had a pack of antidepresssants in the cupboard for 11 months now but can't bring myself to start them.

I have been on meds previously and I know they can make you feel worse before you feel better.

My problem is that I feels so bad all the time, constant daily panic attacks, pins and needles, dizziness, numbness, heart racing, etc. I really don't think I could manage feeling any worse than I already do for a few weeks before they hopefully start to kick in.

Anyone have any words of wisdom for me please?

xx

Re: Feels sooooo bad but can't bring myself to take my antidepresssants

Not everybody suffers bad side effects when they start new meds. All I had was a few groggy days and a week or so of mild nausea. In return, I've got my life back.

Hi

Ive been on these particular ones before, and I did feel much more anxious.

Also, I have the extra anxiety of taking meds - I can barely force myself to take paracetamol

Maybe you could chat to your GP, ask if they can offer you something different this time? I know it's tough when you're feeling low, but you need to be your own advocate.

You don't have to take them to be honest, try other methods rather than drugs

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

I've been on so many different ones during the years, never thought they helped until I came off them. Everyday is Hell - from waking up shaking with fear, to when I go to bed. I even have panic attacks trying to get to sleep.

I haven't left the house by myself in over 2 years. I got booted off a telephone CBT course I had, as my issues were too severe.

The kids are back at school tomorrow, so I'll be all alone, worrying about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by elviiswi View Post
    Hi

I've had a pack of antidepresssants in the cupboard for 11 months now but can't bring myself to start them.

I have been on meds previously and I know they can make you feel worse before you feel better.

My problem is that I feels so bad all the time, constant daily panic attacks, pins and needles, dizziness, numbness, heart racing, etc. I really don't think I could manage feeling any worse than I already do for a few weeks before they hopefully start to kick in.

xx
    Make you feel worse before you get better? Are you talking side effects? That can be managed by titrating your dose. Talk to you doc about this and get on your meds.

I've only tried two and both times have been bad for me. The first time I had no clue about them and my GP gave me the old speech about the minor "some sweating and loose stool" and within days I had taken a big nose dive. The second time around I knew this was very likely and of course I didn't want to feel any worse let alone as bad as that and the reality was the second time was actually far worse. But my attitude the second time was different, I was prepared and accepted I had to try something.

So, accept it could be a hard time but you are already living a hellish time. My anxiety was 24/7 too. Sometimes you have to try and grin & bear the consequences until it eases. Take things hour by hour and just slog through the day no matter how much it hurts. If it becomes too intolerable then your GP will may try something else.

I got through it after 10-15 days of total hell. My side effects lasted much longer than the 4-6 weeks and caused me so many problems but I kept taking it day by day and little by little they abated.

You will get through it but it's a matter of accepting it's possible it may be very hard. Once you do that, don't delay, start. You will only put it off otherwise. Once you start you tell yourself you have made a commitment and stopping is the last thing you want to do because you will only have to go through this period again and it could be the same.

We will be here to support you.

Quote Originally Posted by elviiswi View Post
    Hi

xx
    You already feel like shit. The worst that can happen is you feel shitier but at least you tried. There's a member here with an absolute marathon thread that started meds and it was apparent it escalated his symptoms BUT.... The meds kicked in and its quite apparent they're working. What have you got to lose at this point?

Positivethoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you guys. I know I have to bite the bullet and try.

Fishmanpa, could you help me find the thread please?

xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information