Thread: Not sure if this is anxiety-caused depression

Not sure if this is anxiety-caused depression

I've had a good Easter weekend but I did something that nearly ruined it.

See, I love animals and nature. And on Saturday morning I wanted to research more on reintroducing wolves to the UK but then it got me to a page on DeviantArt where someone was saying wolves are not a keystone species. It really got me upset. I can't remember the whole page but it got me uptight and my weekend was nearly ruined because of it.

As a result my anxiety and depression got higher about how some people said that the world wouldn't be any different if some animals went extinct. It didn't help that, as I said in my previous post, I was out drinking and I'm pretty sure it worsened because of that. When I thought about it more, I got breathless which is something that doesn't happen too often with me.

I'm at my wits end. I feel like my life is nearly over because of this. I'm not sure what anyone's views on wildlife and conservation are on this site but please don't get controversial with it as I feel so depressed and anxious over it. Thanks.

Re: Not sure if this is anxiety-caused depression

I'm sure it is, and I wish I had some sort of advice to make you feel better. I get this all the time as well - I do my parent for the earth but there are so, so many people who don't and it is upsetting. I vacation a lot in national parks and hike and the people who go there to see beauty but ignore rules or leave trash everywhere or whatever is absolutely disheartening.

If you can, take a deep breath and go outside. The world was here billions of years ago and it will continue at least through our lifetimes.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Re: Not sure if this is anxiety-caused depression

There are lots of animal and pet lovers on here so I doubt you would get any unsympathetic responses.

I don't really care if they have to be keystone, they are still animals with a right to life. What do we add to the world? I'm sure it would all go on fine without us.

But the level of impact on your mental health is something that needs addressing so that you don't take people's viewpoints so hard.

Thread Information