Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty laundry germs

Re: Dirty laundry germs

I'm outta your thread Phil. To explain - Its driving me to distraction that you keep ignoring several links I posted to GET HELP, and then ask again and again HOW TO GET HELP or post another ocd theme and ask how to solve it. (I suspect this happens all the time with any therapy or psychiatrist appointment also, you just don't listen or take any action yourself) It has proved to me finally that this is a waste of time me replying here, just as admin wasted their time finding 'help' for you last year, and you didn't take them up on it. Good luck with the wedding Phil, and wishing you a happy marriage and future...I hope one day you somehow find a way to take the first steps needed to solve this, for yourself and also for those loved ones around you.
    Last edited by Carys; 25-04-19 at 08:48.

Today my ocd was bad again I put the wheelie bin out for collection my mum came to the house I was watching her come in the door and despite this i still had a thought she touched the bin maybe some kind of magical thinking going on? She thinks I require more help but sadly I have no funds for more therapy until after the wedding as I still have to buy rings. I have to be careful to find the right therapist as I had 8 sessions before which got me no where. I hate to be blamed for it not working sometimes the sort of therapy doesn’t help for example I wouldn’t do exposure therapy as I don’t agree with the principles of it. I said before I got over my ocd by using relaxation and tackling the anxiety which I find strange but perhaps as ocd is an anxiety condition it can’t sit there when anxiety isn’t present?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I'm outta your thread Phil. To explain - Its driving me to distraction that you keep ignoring several links I posted to GET HELP, and then ask again and again HOW TO GET HELP or post another ocd theme and ask how to solve it. (I suspect this happens all the time with any therapy or psychiatrist appointment also, you just don't listen or take any action yourself) It has proved to me finally that this is a waste of time me replying here, just as admin wasted their time finding 'help' for you last year, and you didn't take them up on it. Good luck with the wedding Phil, and wishing you a happy marriage and future...I hope one day you somehow find a way to take the first steps needed to solve this, for yourself and also for those loved ones around you.
    Thanks for your help but I will probably seek more help but with a private therapist but it has to wait a few months until I have funds so I need to try self help until the summer.

But yeah I am on that journey again thinking Someone touched the bin and the germs spread sadly this is how the ocd manifests itself it makes up stories and sometimes no matter what i do the ocd finds a way through its crazy how it does this? I can do so many safety behaviours and still it isn’t enough?

Because safety behaviours only serve validate your irrational beliefs, e.g. that there's something to be bothered about.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I can do so many safety behaviours and still it isn’t enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    But yes how can I deal with items or areas I won’t touch anymore due to the ocd?
    Real. Life. Professional. Help.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-.../#.XMAi4KTTVPY

Hi Phil, as listed on this page above OCD Action offer online resources, links to local groups and various things for self-help.

https://www.ocdaction.org.uk/support...31&layers=00BT

OCD Uk have some similar things...

http://www.ocduk.org/support-groups/

Both sites have telephone numbers, you could call and ask for links to self-help resources.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Never Surrender, Comrade

One of those links is a forum he has even left per the other thread.

I suspect you are right about why things aren't moving forward. I was pleased to see him accessing therapy but I think he has some way to go with his perceptions of what treatment is in mental health terms, a battle probably most of us go through.

The way I see it is that Phil has all his rigid thought patterns and desire for "correctness" to contend with along with his OCD and tolerating therapy would be hard. Maybe his doctors see this too?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    The way I see it is that Phil has all his rigid thought patterns and desire for "correctness" to contend with along with his OCD and tolerating therapy would be hard. Maybe his doctors see this too?
    If that's the case, then internet forums would be, and obviously are, totally useless for him. Essentially, like many others here, its just a compulsive OCD related behavior and serves no real purpose other than a place to document and vent. Either way, nothing has nor will change.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information