Thread: Coil removed

Coil removed

Hi, I'm haven my merina coil removed tomorrow and I'm a little worried about this "merina crash" has anyone experienced this before.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Re: Coil removed

Not heard of that but would be interested to know as mine has to come out in July !

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

So I went to have my coil removed and unfortunately they couldn't as they couldn't locate it. I have an appointment this Thursday at another hospital this time i will have a scan to locate the coil. I did speak to the nurse about what will happen to my mental state once its removed, her reply was you wont know until it happens. Some woman suffer bad periods and feel down (mirena crash) other feel much better (as if the coil was effecting them mentally). So my coil had expired (23rd) and the last few day I have been feeling a bit low, my IBS has flared up and to be honest I'm feeling low.

How long have you had it fitted?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Been 5 years.

So I finally had the coil removed which I'm so glad its finally over. The pain was unbearable as it took the nurse 30 mins to locate it as the coil strings where wrapped over the coil it self. I'm not preparing myself for some sort of crash which I'm hoping it won't happen and I can start to feel normal.

Good luck

I assume you mean "now" preparing. It may never happen as you say.

I hope you don't have to face any down periods at all! I'm sorry you had to face alot of pain! I've had issues with my own coil x I hope you have a nice weekend after this x!

I had mine out a year ago and switched to the copper coil. Within two hours of having it out I felt brilliant. The best I’ve felt for years. Full of energy and happy. Within two weeks I crashed big time! I’ve had troubles ever since. It’s difficult to tell what is the crash, what is me and what is the copper coil.
    how are you doing?

Still bleeding, no pain. I feel ok. Nothing different in my mind or feelings. Thanks for the messages. Glad its finally over, just trying to persuade the hubby to have the snip, think it's working hehe.

Thread Information