Hi
Is mirtazapine really any good for anxiety?? - I'm 2.5 weeks in, it has lifted depression and mood somewhat (improved motivation- in fact I'm finding it way too stimulating some days- have done more jobs around the garden in a few days that would normally take me months) but anxiety some days is absolutely through the roof!!! Tingling head and body and feelings like Im going to explode- guess it's the adrenalin. This drug appears to be a roller cooater ride and very stimulating for me

Years back I took amitriptyline (up to about 20mg) and it was a much gentler ride to get on, no heightened anxiety, better sleep, more calming

My question is as it' early on do I stick at it (Yip I know its 4-6 weeks approx. to stabilise) or discuss dropping to say 7.5mg or 11.25mg. or add in some amitriptyline- which is incidentally what I was told to come off a couple of years ago as I have long QT syndrome but Mirt has put the QT back to where it was on the ami so it's all been for nothing- I'm very annoyed

the Mirt is messing my vision up too- blurry at a distance, precription glasses no longer working, not to mention the stiff legs and stinging nerves in my neck, back and legs, oh and the tinnitus...

Any advce appreciated