Thread: Worried About “What If I Overdose on Tumeric and Echinacea”

Worried About “What If I Overdose on Tumeric and Echinacea”

Okay so I’ve been very worried about getting sick because my husband is gone on a trip for two nights and three days and I was scared of getting sick and being alone so I have been taking these wellness shots. They have tumeric, ginger, echinacea, and like black pepper. The tumeric is 5000mg per shot and echinacea is 2500mg per shot. I did three in the past five days and then one tonight. So like Sunday I did one, Monday I did one, today I did one. I think that’s all I had. Ahhh I can’t even today. My anxiety is so high. So on their site it says that a shot a day is fine so I should be fine right? Like I’m not gonna get sick and die right? My husband is gone and I’m so worried and he’s not here to confide in.

Re: Worried About “What If I Overdose on Tumeric and Echinacea”

Hiyer, you've done what you needed to do......check how many a day is recommended......and that is all you can do to be honest. Do you always take these 'shots' and do you need to for some reason? If not, and its making you anxious, then why not stop taking it?

I'm a bit ''on the fence'' about these potions.

On one hand, when taken as directed and assuming there aren't any contraindications, there shouldnt be an issue.

IMHO they don't do much, if anything worthwhile.

On the other hand, it could be argued that everything you're taking in that 'shot' can be acquired by eating a balanced diet.

Also herbal =/= safe. A good example is St John's wort which interacts with practically everything,some being quite serious indeed.

If I were you, I wouldn't take these shots. Not because I thi k they're doing you any harm, but I just don't believe they work. If you have a Vit deficiency treat that but turmeric shots etc? Not worth the £

Good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Quote Originally Posted by RadioGaGa View Post
    I'm a bit ''on the fence'' about these potions.

On one hand, when taken as directed and assuming there aren't any contraindications, there shouldnt be an issue.

IMHO they don't do much, if anything worthwhile.

On the other hand, it could be argued that everything you're taking in that 'shot' can be acquired by eating a balanced diet.

Also herbal =/= safe. A good example is St John's wort which interacts with practically everything,some being quite serious indeed.

If I were you, I wouldn't take these shots. Not because I thi k they're doing you any harm, but I just don't believe they work. If you have a Vit deficiency treat that but turmeric shots etc? Not worth the £

Good luck
    It's not the turmeric, it's the curcumin which would be hard to achieve via diet given the very low % of curcumin even in turmeric itself let alone even less in curry powder. That's why they've added piperine as that will allow it to be absorbed. Curcumin being an interesting thing gaining interest in mental health circles as well as inflammatory ones. The latter in particular would love anything more natural I would imagine compared to the long term effects of prescription medications?

Given the piperine I would ask if the OP is on any prescription meds as they have some potential for interaction with liver enzymes. It's a bit of an unknown though since we eat black pepper anyway.

It won't be a dangerous dosage to be able to sold so easily and curcumin is supposed to have a high threshold for tolerance with dosages above the OP's used.

Worth a go with supplements but they are a minefield and need lots of personal research. In mental health circles though, no more hit & miss than antidepressants in my opinion.

I'm just extremley skeptical when it comes to these things. There are people and organisations out there claiming garlic cures cancer, suncream is the cause of melanoma and not UV light, a glass of water taken in the morning can prevent a heart attack amongst other things. This is usually the 'herbal brigade' which frequently overpromises and underdelivers.

Certainly it is entirely up to anyone what they take, but I gave my opinion which is they're not worth the £ (and rarely are they cheap!)

Food has the potential to be profoundly curative. In many cases equal to or better than standard medicine.

The problem is that elements of food are produced in isolation because people are either unwilling or incapable of eating properly in the first place. The reason the dietary supplements don't work is that taking a turmeric pill isn't going to cure a person who carries on eating crap, sitting down all day and googling the reason of their inevitable doom.

Diet is everything, it's just that people won't accept it and make the necessary changes because pizza tastes good and cooking interferes with Facebook time.

Thread Information