Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comment if you have back pain

Comment if you have back pain

Just a little survey which will help me understand how common back pain is amongst people, so if you suffer from a type of back pain please comment and say f stress and anxiety makes it worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Comment if you have back pain

Yes, for a few years now. Tightness and impact into breathing. I also had sciatica early on during this period but that has since gone.

Muscular tension, sleep issues and meds I believe are my issues with it. Certainly increased anxiety means increased symptoms for me so it goes from minor aches to more prominent until the adrenalie/cortisol calms itself down.

But I also suspect I need to strength my back too as I'm approaching middle age and not performing a physical job and such things decline with age anyway.

I have a bulging disc in the L4/L5 area and that causes pain as well as some sciatica. I also get upper back pain between the shoulder blades. Stress/tension affects my upper back. Both can be helped by regular exercise which I definitely need to do more of.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Don't know if stress/anxiety make mine worse, but yeah, I deal with back pain occasionally. I believe mine is due to poor sitting posture. I tend to slouch, for whatever reason. My doc asked once if I have scoliosis because of how I was sitting, but she felt of my spine and didn't suspect it. I do think I have sciatica though, doc tends to agree.

I have occasional back pain due to injuring it twice. Once when trying to deadlift too much weight without warming up properly and the second time from a pretty bad car crash. I don't think anxiety affects it but high impact exercise can.

Yeah, lower back pain, probably disc related and also now and then have sciatica. It doesn't affect my anxiety because it's nothing to do with it.

Ghost…Spillways

I don’t know why I get so worried about my back pain, I mean I’ve had a MRI and nothing came up so they have put it down to posture and stress I am 6ft 3 so quite tall and I work in retail so on my feet all day so maybe that’s why I do need to strengthen my back up deffo

Quote Originally Posted by Noworryjonny View Post
    I don’t know why I get so worried about my back pain, I mean I’ve had a MRI and nothing came up so they have put it down to posture and stress I am 6ft 3 so quite tall and I work in retail so on my feet all day so maybe that’s why I do need to strengthen my back up deffo

Its probably a muscle imbalance if you stand slouched quite a lot like most people do.

My friend is a similar height to you and used to get chest pains from standing quite a lot.

I would suggest doing some exercises like planks, crunches and hyper extensions. If you have access to a gym then add some deadlifts and rows to you're workout as well.

Make sure you do the exercises with proper form.

Tons of back pain. Have bulging/herniated discs, disc degeneration, spinal stenosis and a lot of arthritis, and I'm only 42. Ugh.

Frequently, yes, stress makes it worse, too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information