Thread: Cant disassociate exercise and panic attack heart rate

Cant disassociate exercise and panic attack heart rate

Does anyone else have this problem? Up a couple of flights of stairs, a brisk walk....heart rate goes up and I'm conscious of it and think it's going to be a panic attack.

I cant get my head right to stop these thoughts and its constantly triggering attacks.

Re: Cant disassociate exercise and panic attack heart rate

Expectation of panic. Do something that goes beyond your fear. For example, instead of walking up stairs, go running or run up and down the stairs 5 times.

Once you teach yourself that you can do more than what you are afraid of, why would you be afraid of just walking up the stairs anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, my GAD has always been very symptom focussed and exercise has always beena biggie for me.

As Josh says, you do have to use exposure methods to push beyond it. My therapist had me doing sprints and then thinking about how I felt. It wasn't pleasant at first but soon I found my mind telling me I was just experiencing normal feelings and I've not had problems in previous exposures other than raised anxiety levels about how I felt. Later I would have a short run when walking my dog, mainly because he enjoyed a quick burn off of energy, but I did start to exposure the same thoughts about how it's not so bad.

Do it structured, learn from it. Don't overwhelmn yourself as it might make you panic and you will try to avoid it more. But smaller exercises can get you moving in the right direction.

I agree with both previous replies. This was exactly me for quite some time. I still do *notice* it now, the increased heart rate with exercise, but I don't panic. I try to think about the fact that it's GOOD for me, and that it FEELS good. It doesn't feel awful, like when anxiety causes an increased heart rate.

Same advice as the other thread you posted about the same thing -

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...o-panic-attack

I used to run regular 3 years ago but a panic attack during the middle of a run stopped me it's been downhill ever since.

Especially as injadnt had an attack for about 2 years till that point and lost my mind for a while.

I fear trying to do little exercise will cause another panic and set my mind back more.

Are you even reading what's been written in response to what you keep on repeat posting?

Thread Information