Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long haul flights

Long haul flights

I want to go to New York I can afford it but I worry about going mad being stuck on a plane 7 hours or the food being poor. Had Concorde still been around I would have flew that way.

Have a bigger fear of boats I would hate being one week at sea from Southhampton. Can anybody relate to this fear? I also hate long train journeys I did 4 hours per day back in February. Will the dream of getting to New York happen will I wait for faster planes or will I be able to suffer a long flight?

Re: Long haul flights

When it comes to your holidays Phil, it seems that you worry, worry, worry about all the things that could possibly go wrong and then you still manage to do it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is New York on your "to do" list in order to impress people or do you genuinely want to go for the experience and the sightseeing? What would you do during your stay there?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Is New York on your "to do" list in order to impress people or do you genuinely want to go for the experience and the sightseeing? What would you do during your stay there?
    I was never into travel years ago but Rome and New York were places I always wanted to visit. I have sadly visited neither yet however I am likely to tackle Rome by train next year as I made Italy by train this year. Flying over to Dublin causes me less anxiety as it’s a short flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    When it comes to your holidays Phil, it seems that you worry, worry, worry about all the things that could possibly go wrong and then you still manage to do it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess the positive is I still go however flying I find more difficult. I have flew to two European cities however I have done most by rail

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I was never into travel years ago but Rome and New York were places I always wanted to visit. I have sadly visited neither yet however I am likely to tackle Rome by train next year as I made Italy by train this year. Flying over to Dublin causes me less anxiety as it’s a short flight.
    But is it all about managing the flights or do you actually want to spend time exploring the cities?

But is it all about managing the flights or do you actually want to spend time exploring the cities?
    A bit of both I think.

Maybe try to focus more on what you plan to do when you get there as opposed to catastrophising re the flight itself?

What would you most like to do in New York?

Maybe try to focus more on what you plan to do when you get there as opposed to catastrophising re the flight itself?

What would you most like to do in New York?
    That’s true and just visit all the main sights I could focus on that.

I worry about the jet lag, time zone, airplane food and I hate flying but I mean it’s not like I will be visiting New York every year so I maybe just have to find some courage to go?

Could you take your own food on the flight? Jet lag would be a pain but it's not as if you were flying to New Zealand or Oz. You like your holidays, Phil and if you can afford it why not go?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information