Hi all. My girlfriend just recently (Sunday) began taking 10mg Lexapro, once a day. It was prescribed for general andiety and mild/moderate depression. She took her first 10mg yesterday morning, and a little while later she had an awful headache - a migraine, really. She also felt a bit "weird", and she said her thoughts felt jumbled or "drunken". Obviously it'll take a while to truly start working, but she did say she felt like it took a bit of the edge off, so that's a plus at least.

Are one or both of those (migraine, jumbled thoughts) potential side effects, or are they more likely coincidental? She does have a history of frequent migraine so that didn't surprise me much, but it was the worst one she's had in a long time.

If they are side effects, how long do side effects of Lexapro tend to last? I know that many medications may cause some initial side effects which can disappear after some time (a week, three weeks, etc). Is that typical for any SSRI?

She's only ever taken one medication for anxiety in the past, which was Buspirone. That was six or seven years ago, and she only took it for a few months, I think. This is her first time with Lexapro or similar (any SSRI).