Thread: Bowel issues

Bowel issues

Would like to hear if anyone has the same issues with their bowel movements as I do, and do they seem to relate to IBS. I can go normally once or twice a day, then maybe the next day it starts off ok but then gets gradually softer and looser, but not to the true diarrhea stage. I might then not go for a day or two, then have slight constipation. It will then go back to normal, but sometimes I can go four or five times in a day instead of the usual once or twice. When I get to the going progressively looser stage I have slight abdominal discomfort. Is it ok to have 4 or 5 normal bowel movements on some days, from what I've read it always says no more than 3. Would be so grateful to hear from anyone who has similar issues.

Re: Bowel issues

I often have 4 or 5, frequently with the pattern you've described. I think a lot of others here would say similar, too.

4-5 a day is normal for me and the consultant has never been worried about it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

pretty much me. AAAAAlways changing but my diet is literally ranging from breads and pastas to spicy tomato based things and veg. Thats on top of 1 to 2 coffees a day and chocolate... lost track of whats "normal" anymore but I havent had going for one "normal" one a day in a lonnnng time. Its either feeling like I need to go twice a day or 2-3 days of nothing

Thread Information