Thread: OCD about boyfriend's past.

OCD about boyfriend's past.

Hello all!

I've been gone for a long time but lately my anxiety and OCD have been eating at me. I don't want to break up with my boyfriend of over a year but I can't stop obsessing about his past. I can't stop projecting my own pain into his sexual past. By this I mean, I was sexually coerced when I was a teenager. When I met my boyfriend he told me a story of how he was caught with a girl in his school on school grounds doing sexual things. Because of what happened to me, I have always questions the consent of this. He walked me through the whole thing and explained to me that it was all consensual but, it still worries me that I will fall deeper in love with him and I will find out something terrible about him. I don't want to believe this, the whole time I've known him he has been a nice man to me. But, I'm scared one day someone will tell me he did something wrong in his past before he met me, and I will be forced to think of him morally wrong.

It haunts me over and over and over that I think of these things about him when I'm at the same time planning the rest of my life with him.

Re: OCD about boyfriend's past.

Is this the guy you were in a long distance relationship with that moved to your town to be with you?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

If you were my friend, my advice would be that you’re being unfair to him. From what you wrote it doesn’t seem like he did anything wrong, it was consensual but they were caught. Why would there be something else?

But also, everyone has a past and most have something to be a bit ashamed about - I’m not saying something cruel or illegal, just a bit ashamed.

Does your anxiety affect other areas of your life? Does your partner know about your anxiety?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just started Luvox or fluvoxamine did you try it. Did it help for ocd/anxiety lynn

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Is this the guy you were in a long distance relationship with that moved to your town to be with you?

Positive thoughts
    Yes. I havenÂ’t been on in a while but yes. My wonderful boyfriend. ItÂ’s been a year and now that he lives close I always have to have something to worry about.

Thread Information