Thread: Constant full feeling in rectum :( so scared

Constant full feeling in rectum :( so scared

Please please someone help me

about a week ago I had a stomach bug (I believe, I had diarrhoea for a day then for the next couple of days motions were loose but improving). However for nearly a week now I have a constant feeling of “fullness”.
    i don’t know if I’d describe it as incomplete evacuation because it is nearly constant and I don’t actually feel like I need to go to the toilet, it just doesn’t feel right.

im looking at booking a private colonscopy but in the meantime I am so so scared that this is rectal cancer :( I tried so hard to just get on with life as HA is constantly on my life and I feel this is punishment for ingnoring it.

Do you think the stomach bug could have aggravated down there? I’ve tried magnesium tablets and peppermint tea and nothings working I’m just getting panicky.

i also took some diazepam a week ago don’t know if that would make a difference

Re: Constant full feeling in rectum :( so scared

It's been less than a week since you got over that stomach bug; it's not surprising you still feel weird. Then, of course, there's the matter of health anxiety making you hyper-aware of every little sensation. I know it's tough, I empathise wholeheartedly but I genuinely don't think there's anything to worry about. Please don't waste your time and money on private tests? Give things a while to settle down and then see your GP if you really need to.

I had this after each bowel movement for a few months but it always went when I stopped worrying about it.. I don't get it anymore. It's definitely caused by anxiety

Eat lots of bran (the thread type) and you'll be going in no time, this was a recommendation from a Dr. Good luck with the colonoscopy, I've had a few in my time, you'll be fine.

Thread Information