Hello all,

So I posted a couple of months ago because I was concerned about a lump on my boyfriend's testicle. I have finally convinced him to go to the doctors and after over two months of persistent reminding, he has an appointment this afternoon.

It is a very very small lump, on his lower right testicle. It has not changed in size at all and the rest of the testicle feels normal and like his left one.You cannot even feel the lump if you were to grab or hold the testicle, but really have to look for it. I have read a lot on Google (which I know as a hypochondriac , I shouldn't) and actually found out that testicular cancer is the rarest cause of a lump in the testicles and even if it was, that it was highly curable, even in later stages. This eased some worries as I feel it probably is not as aggressive as other forms of cancer, but I am of course still very scared and it is not something I want him to go through, because I don't know how he would handle it.

My main worry is that it does not sound like some of the other possible conditions. I read that epididymal cysts are quite common - but don't these just occur on the top of the testicle? And also, I read that varioceles are usually always on the left or both testicles, so even that appears ruled out. Is it still possible for this to be a benign condition?

My biggest worry was if it was cancerous, if it had spread. However, it is tiny and has not changed in size at all in the course of a year or so apparently. Obviously I would love for him to come back and tell me that there was nothing to worry about, but I know most likely they may refer him to a scan, either because they suspect something or as a precautionary measure. That is something I would seriously struggle with and my anxiety would be through the roof. Obviously I am nervous about today but I guess I'm trying to remain calm because we will either know its nothing or need another appointment for further examination.

I would just really like to know if anyone has experienced a testicular cancer scare/ lumps? If so where were they and what were they? Even any comforting advice would be helpful, I am one worried girlfriend and my health anxiety is not helping this situation at all!

Thanks
x