Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Coil removal (Very upset)

Struggling and pain after coil (My story)

So I got the coil in Wednesday, under GA. All seemed good! I was allowed to go home the same day.

All was going good... When last night I got some horrible day. I took some pain killers, used a hot water bottle... Yet didn't get to sleep until 6 am. When I woke up I felt exhausted. Today was horrible. I tried going out to get some air... When my heart suddenly took off, I thought I was gonna faith/pass out or even die.

I went to the pharmacy, she took my blood pressue 180 at first 😨! She took a few more times and it was lower to 139 the last time before she let me go. Telling me to come back tommrrow as she thinks it's going to be fine when she takes a reading tomorrow.

I'm in a lot of pain and I'm trying to take stronger pain killers. I don't want to be dramaict and my family are trying to help and my friends... I don't want to let anyone down. I'm worried. I'm doing my best. The list is long but I'm trying to tell myself they let me go if it's good.

I should mention its the hormonal coil and not copper.

Like I was doing so well, now everything is stressing me out so much. How everything I could be wrong, could go wrong.

I'm sorry if this is a copy of another thread... I thought it would fit better here.

Re: Struggling and pain after coil (My story)

Heya

Really sorry to hear the struggles you are having with the coil at the moment, while i have not used one myself(i'm an implant user)
    i have many friends and lecturers who does use it, quite a few have reported pain after insertion, i don't think what you are experiencing is anything sinister, just that maybe you should see your doctor or nurse who fitted it and check in whether its the right contraception for you?

believe it or not contraception can affect so much and if its not a right fit it can drive our emotions, and lives crazy.

it sounds like you are experiencing some anxiety with it the heart palpitations, and blood pressure and whatnot x

it can be rather painful after as its essentially really bad cramps so i defo think painkillers, heating pads, and warm cuppas will be helpful x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Quote Originally Posted by Clydesdale Epona View Post
    Heya

Really sorry to hear the struggles you are having with the coil at the moment, while i have not used one myself(i'm an implant user)
    i have many friends and lecturers who does use it, quite a few have reported pain after insertion, i don't think what you are experiencing is anything sinister, just that maybe you should see your doctor or nurse who fitted it and check in whether its the right contraception for you?

believe it or not contraception can affect so much and if its not a right fit it can drive our emotions, and lives crazy.

it sounds like you are experiencing some anxiety with it the heart palpitations, and blood pressure and whatnot x

it can be rather painful after as its essentially really bad cramps so i defo think painkillers, heating pads, and warm cuppas will be helpful x

Thank you so much for the reply hun

I went to the pharmacy again today and the heart seemed to be back in good order again!

I've tried taking a few other types of birth-control before but for a number of reasons my gp and I decided this was for the best! Although I was good for the day, the pain has settled in again tonight :(! Pain-killers aren't great but I'll get the hot water bottle and hope for the best xx I could be a lil bit of a cry baby also

Once again thank you so much for the reply xxx

Hi

guys...

I know I'm randmloy alot but I just woke up from a horrible dream and I'm just after stop crying so I want to rant it out.

It was another hard day, I've been using a hot water bottle alot. I was sleep (I'm going to work tomorrow even tho I'm not sure if I'm ready get but money is a issue here.) so I was sleep and I have the hot water bottle in bed with me.

I just have these flashing images in the dream, it's horrifying. I kept regerting this choice for the coil. Everyone says it will be wroth it and it might be in the future. But I've never had a waking moment of totally panic and fear like that.

I try to show myself as a out togther person to my family. Right now I'm crummbling
    so many side effects.... Which caused me do much stress much stress. I'm heart pounding.... Regerting it all
    Last edited by LouiseAndy; 24-03-19 at 18:34.

Sorry about that post last night, I was going to delete it but then it's the truth of how bad things can feel for me.

I manged to get up today, I went to work (first day day). I had a mainly good day so far, when I was on my first lunch break (I work a 13 hour day so I get 3, 45 mintue breaks). I was like resting in the staff room (we have lots of over night staff here, I work that shift sometimes) so we have like these special chairs you can nap in if you want. I was taking a nap, when I woke up my heart was POUNDING. It took me like 20 mintues of deep breath and doing my best to calm down. It was scary but I manged to go back to work. I've had a lingering headache and some blood from my nose. I've trying to be reasonable about things, trying to tell myself this isn't something all leading to something alot worse.

I have my therapy session tomorrow night

I'm really sorry to hear about last nights sleep hun x

Its really positive you have therapy tomorrow i hope it works out well for you

the panic from your nap sounds like it could just be down to anxiety, well done for getting to work you are doing amazing!

if things really start to worry you then maybe you could see a GP for a second opinion xo

I'm really sorry to hear about last nights sleep hun x

Its really positive you have therapy tomorrow i hope it works out well for you

the panic from your nap sounds like it could just be down to anxiety, well done for getting to work you are doing amazing!

if things really start to worry you then maybe you could see a GP for a second opinion xo
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply once again it means alot to me x

I know when I'm reading back over this I'm probably being dramatic about alot of things but when the anixety takes over it can be really hard to talk to one self sometimes!
    I had alot of heart tests down last year, I'm also trying to be realist in they checked my heart loads of times in the hospital and the pharmacist (Who I known years as I worked there a few years during work placement in school.) Told me everything seems fine when she took the readings! So I need to be more confident in them x

Thank you so much again for taking the time to reply! It really means so, so much to me

Yeah of course like i forever go over what i write and can as little as 10 minutes later feel like i was being dramatic about it, but in that moment of writing it i was really worried because it can feel awful!

its really positive you've had tests come back good so do try and focus on that, and work on keeping calm during those anxious moments, hopefully you should be able to learn some techniques from your therapy session x

Yeah of course like i forever go over what i write and can as little as 10 minutes later feel like i was being dramatic about it, but in that moment of writing it i was really worried because it can feel awful!

its really positive you've had tests come back good so do try and focus on that, and work on keeping calm during those anxious moments, hopefully you should be able to learn some techniques from your therapy session x
    Like I have a friend who goes through episodes of health anxiety and I can totally help her around it...but when it comes to myself! I fail alot of the time. Like ever since I got the coil in it's like- Oh no. They told me to keep a eye out of certain things and in the guide book they gave me there's two pages on Sepsis! So, that thought always there also! So my mind loves to rush and rave!

Hopefully I can work on in in therapy tomorrow! Thank you so much again hun xxx

So I went to therapy and just home. Like always my therapist gave the best advice, talking about all the worries and out-comes. I don't feel great physically but I'm gonna try and do my best to keep going strong x

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information