Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Coil removal (Very upset)

Re: Coil removal (Very upset)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyGreen View Post
    Did you have a TV ultrasound before you got the mirena? That definitely would have flagged anything nasty down there. I was diagnosed with Grade 1 endometrial cancer earlier this year, and the ultrasound picked up a thickened lining, so they would definitely see if anything was bad down there. I got the mirena a few weeks ago now, just to treat me until I have a hysterectomy on June 4th. So they would know if something amiss is happening in your pelvic region, especially if they have done an ultrasound. Plus your mirena has broken and is stabbing you, that would feel horrible, at last it will be out soon.
    Firstly, let me say I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Sending you nothing but positively for your hysterectomy and everything that comes after that. So, thank you for taking the time to reply to this with all going on in your own life.

Yes! I did have a ultrasound (both on the outside and the inside one- Sorry I'm on mobile so can't spell check! So can't use the fancier/more med words). I also have a pelvis floor exam (that was a...time). I had serious heavy periods for years before, so they needed to do a few tests before hand. I was told I was ovary cyst before the coil and when I got the ultrasound to see what was up with the cyst (on Tuesday) they told me the cyst where gone. The pain kinda comes from higher up? around the hip/higher area. I know I'm being overly panic worrying about some type of horrible tumor (especially in a reply to you- who got some bad news I'm so sorry for being selfish)- it just when I felt it sudden lump/harder then anything felt area. It feel full there- like there's something there when I move. I know I'm probs being hyper aware but this is all just rather alot going on.

'
    Last edited by SnowyGreen; 07-01-20 at 06:05.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyGreen View Post
    Thanks so much for your concern. I will be ok. When your worst fears are realised they are not as scary as you fear. You just get on with it and do what has to be done. I will be completely fine, endo cancer is very slow growing and slow to spread and hysterectomy is usually all that is needed.

It sounds like you are being hyper aware, especially with everything going on with you with your coil. I would just get it checked out by a doctor to be safe, but it is most likely nothing except hyper-awareness.

Best wishes
    I'll be keeping you in my thoughts during that time x Thank you so much again for replying.

I had some time to calm down today, it was like the first day I've had off from everything since I got the news of the coil. I didn't allow myself to push and poke at the area today. Some pain not overly bad. I got a call from the hospital to say I'm meeting with the doctor who did the coil placement/in charge of my care in the hospital the 24th of May this month and hopefully the opp the week after. I'll ask him about it then since it's technically in that area x

I had my second last college exam today- So happy to nearly be done for the summer! I had some issues today- mainly exhausted but I'm pushing along! All I can do is wait for my appointment! Like I'm trying to be real, like keeping my hands to myself. Not looking for lumps...like the worst fears...certain types of tumors or all other nasty issues are probs not the issue here and my over run mind is!
    Last edited by LouiseAndy; 07-05-19 at 21:59.

Re: Struggling and pain after coil (My story)

So sorry your going through such a bad time with the coil. I went to have mine removed and the nurse couldn't locate the coil "( so had to go have an ultrasound to find it. The nurse confirmed it is in there but the strings have embedded themselves (ahhh) 30 minutes it took to remove, I wont gone to detail but let's just say it wasnt nice. It's been a week now and I've been bleeding ever since but nothing compared to what your going through. I wish you all the best for your removal x

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisig1986 View Post
    So sorry your going through such a bad time with the coil. I went to have mine removed and the nurse couldn't locate the coil "( so had to go have an ultrasound to find it. The nurse confirmed it is in there but the strings have embedded themselves (ahhh) 30 minutes it took to remove, I wont gone to detail but let's just say it wasnt nice. It's been a week now and I've been bleeding ever since but nothing compared to what your going through. I wish you all the best for your removal x

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I'm very sorry to hear about your experience! I hope you feel better soon . I'm trying to take the path of thinking it could be worse! I'm having alot of panic and doubts and fears at times but just trying to work through until the 24th!

Today's been hard, I've had of nasty pain in different areas....Just two weeks to the appointment

I got my period two days ago...and oh boy it hasn't been pleasant at all :( I've had lots of issues, roll on Friday!

I'm also unhappy as I've seem to gained alot of weight lately. I haven't ben over-eating, I have been working out but maybe not as much as I used too. I'm trying to work out even more now. Push away some of those pounds again.

I'm still bleeding really heavy and having horrid pains....My stomach is also swore and seems kinda swollen...I'm being over reactive I guess...Friday can't come soon enough :(
    Last edited by LouiseAndy; 22-05-19 at 00:47.

It all sounds so unpleasant, hope you get some help on Friday x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information