Hello everyone,
For a few months now I've been having GI issues. It started with seeing what seemed to be some red blood in and on the stool. I seen a doctor who assured me there's no cause for concern. Since then though I've examined my stools and BMs in great detail, and I've been having back/side aches that come and go. Again, doctor isn't concerned and thinks they're posture and/or anxiety related.

Today though I almost had a panic attack after my BM. I've been trying to overcome my HA and stop examining my stools in great detail, but today I took a glance and I really wish I hadn't. The stool was mostly a brown colour, but there was a patch, perhaps a penny size, of black in it. Panic instantly descended. Also, when I wiped, there seemed to be a small amount of red blood on the paper. After passing, my rectum sometimes feels a bit sore.

Could I have IBS? Does it sound like blood? Would colon cancer present as wholly bloody stools, not just a penny sized spot? Thinking back yesterday, I ate some bacon, tuna with salad, plus curry with bread.

I'd greatly appreciate some support and advice. Perhaps a stool test and colonoscopy is the only way out of this rut. Thanks for your time.