Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red bits on toilet paper after wiping.

Blood on TP after large stool. Evidence of fissure?

This has happened a couple of time now. Today I passed a fairly large stool that seemed to be a healthy brown colour, no blood on it. Wiping, however, left a streak of blood on the toilet paper. The blood was bright red and therefore probably fresh. There was no pain passing the stool, but sometimes after I pass I feel a discomfort, or a slight burning sensation in my rectum.

Is this evidence of a fissure? I thought fissures were meant to cause pain when passing, so it concerns me that it's fairly painless. Anyone have experience of painless fissures, or discomfort following passing?

Re: Blood on TP after large stool. Evidence of fissure?

Yes it could be a tear or piles and they don't always have to hurt

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Would the dreaded BC cause constant, regular bleeding?

On occasion when I wipe there is a small amount of bright red blood. I know - it's not digested blood so not coming from the digestive system. But it still concerns me. Is BC blood always darker red or black? Would it be constant and coat each and every stool? Would it come in tandem with other symptoms? I've not lost weight, I don't feel overly tired or ill, I still have a healthy appetite.. But this irregular, red blood concerns me.

Thanks for any assistance.

Re: Would the dreaded BC cause constant, regular bleeding?

If there's a small amount of bright red blood from time to time, it's much more likely to be piles or a fissure.

Thanks for the reply. I've been told that by two doctors already but I struggle to believe them. Is side ache a symptom of BC? Sometimes my sides ache, not all the time and sometimes worse than others, often relieved by laying down. I'm just in a BC rabbit hole unfortunately.

I'm sorry, HA is horrible. If multiple doctors have checked you out, though, the problem is pretty much definitely anxiety.

Are you on meds and/or receiving therapy?

Re: Bowel meltdown - would appreciate pep talk, help and advice

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I'm sorry, HA is horrible. If multiple doctors have checked you out, though, the problem is pretty much definitely anxiety.

Are you on meds and/or receiving therapy?
    Yep, it sure is horrible.

I've been to a counsellor but didn't find it much use. She just mainly wanted to talk about what's happening and how I feel, not develop strategies to overcome.

It's just the variety of symptoms freak me out. I have regular BMs every day but they're often a bit mushy. Seeing blood on the toilet paper sends me into a total spiral. There's a spot around my belly button that sometimes has a tiny amount of pain, probably 0.5/10, but my brain just instantly jumps GROWING TUMOUR. It does feel like it's coming from my skin or muscles though, so perhaps it's muscular muscle tension? Same with the aches down my sides and back? I'm not even sure if they're symptoms of BC but my brain tells me they must be.

If I'm being obsessive and weird, please do let me know.

I don't think you're being weird or obsessive, but I do think you're being hypervigilant.

I think it's absolutely laudable that you're looking for ways to get yourself past this - there are some excellent resources available on this site, plus it may be worth looking at finding a therapist who'll do CBT with you.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I don't think you're being weird or obsessive, but I do think you're being hypervigilant.

I think it's absolutely laudable that you're looking for ways to get yourself past this - there are some excellent resources available on this site, plus it may be worth looking at finding a therapist who'll do CBT with you.
    HA often makes us obsessive - I think it belongs in the OCD drawer. But you seem to have a good awareness of what is going on, so I think that gives hope that you will recover or at least learn to live with your anxiety. You really need to see a CBT therapist. They challenge the faulty thought patterns and arm you with strategies that interrupt the health anxiety cycle. You can do this!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information