Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Red bits on toilet paper after wiping.

Re: Bowel cancer worries are ruining my life and I don't know how to proceed

Glittery, I wanted to thank you for posting that fantastic resource. It's essentially a mini-CBT course, and I've already done a couple of modules of it. It's more or less exactly what I've been looking for. I've done some CBT in the past and found it helpful, so I'm looking forward to getting into this.
    Have you posted this elsewhere? I think many people would benefit from this and I think you should share it on the forum.

Hi KrankerMann, glad you are using it to help yourself :')

No, I haven't posted it on a separate forum, but now that you said it I think I should

Hi having done some research as I’m due a calproctein feacal test (ignore the spelling) research shows that the feacel test is more sensitive than a fob test .. I hope that helps

Oh I didn't know that, but now that I googled I found a lot of studies which say calprotein test normally shows an abnormally high range if someone has crc.

Thanks for the info as I have done it before but still continued to worry

Don’t know in other countries but in uk the gps now have to use a tool to make sure people under 50 are being treated in time if they have bowel cancer, if you show any red flags it’s straight to gastro doc regardless of age if you show IBS symptoms but no red flags then it’s a calprotein test and if the results for that come higher than normal then it’s straight to gastro.My doctor did say if the calprotein results came clear I could have colonoscopy for my reassurance so at that point I knew she’s only offering it to shut me up 🤦🏾*♀️ She herself is an IBS sufferer and said her gastro said lf the results are clear then more than likely the colonoscopy is clear. The cal protein test was actually introduced as an alternative to colonoscopy for people who did have IBS. So if you read a lot of old threads people probably did have colonoscopy or was told IBS because this test as far as I know has been only recently introduced.

Great to hear that. I hope you dont go for a colonoscopy.

I went to the emergency department, not even a GP. And the doctor did a proctoscopy, DRE, physical examination, blood test and calprotectin test immediately. Found out later that they also do a FOBT test on every stool sample they receive.

It is a rule in Hong Kong's emergency department to take patients seriously regardless their age.

However, my doctor was very sure it isn't any sort of cancer

Quote Originally Posted by glittery View Post
    Great to hear that. I hope you dont go for a colonoscopy.

I went to the emergency department, not even a GP. And the doctor did a proctoscopy, DRE, physical examination, blood test and calprotectin test immediately. Found out later that they also do a FOBT test on every stool sample they receive.

It is a rule in Hong Kong's emergency department to take patients seriously regardless their age.

However, my doctor was very sure it isn't any sort of cancer
    Thank you GlittEry I hope so to, she was pretty much certain it will come back normal. But now I’m in another panic mode just found out ppi medication effects the calprotein levels, I just wish my gp told me this as I’ve been prescribed these and have been taking them for past ten days. I’ve spoke to my husband and my mum and we’ve decided that if the results are good then I need to put a break on it and not go for further tests as all il be doing is feeding my anxiety. I’ll just carry on asking test for several different cancers and what I really need to do is work on my cbt sessions. Just praying to god that it all goes well.

Red bits on toilet paper after wiping.

Hello all

I'm not sure what to make of this. When I wiped earlier today there was a small, red bit on the toilet paper. It was a sort of reddy pink colour and since the stool was somewhat loose was surrounded by some faecal matter. My mind instantly jumped to some sort of clot, could it be blood? It was there on the first wipe, slightly less on the second and gone on the third.

What would blood on the toilet paper look like? Would it be consistent and smeared over, not just as one small bit?

I recently had a full blood test and calprotectin test which came back fine. Physical and rectal exams also fine. I'm just at a loss as to what's going on.

Thanks.

Re: Red bits on toilet paper after wiping.

Haemorrhoid or fissure, most likely. Not a big deal.

Re: Red bits on toilet paper after wiping.

What did you eat?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information