Hi,

i have not previously suffered with anxiety. However my 15 year old daughter passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in April. Obviously we are beyond devastated.

As a family we were all doing ‘ok’ emotionally but some three and a half weeks after her passing I took ill in the night. With hindsight the feelings had been brewing over a few days.

We called an ambulance at 3am. I thought I was having serious heart problems. I had an ECG at home but did not feel reassured. The ambulance took me to A&E where my heart was checked again by another ECG and also blood tests. So anxiety was my diagnosis.

Eight hours after admission I felt as bad as when I had arrived and so the consultant gave me low dose diazepam to get me home but advised a trip to GP to review.

GP has prescribed Propranolol 10mg three tines a day. It is definitely helping me stay calm although I can feel when the effect is starting to wear off with the return of mild chest ache and slight shortness of breath.

I am currently about to complete my second full day of taking the three tablets a day (I took 2 tablets on Tuesday) and am struggling with a total lack of energy. I do have low blood pressure normally (but still in the normal range) and so I am wondering if this feeling will pass? How long should I give it for things to settle down?

i know I have been through such a lot this past month but am so frustrated as I felt I was coping pretty well until this horrid anxiety hit me like a ton of bricks......

Any advice re my lack of energy would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Ali x