Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poorly kitten

Re: Poorly kitten

Will do. The vet opens in a couple of hours.

Dewey can still walk, a little, and he's responding to fuss, at least.

Unfortunately I have this really stupid magical thinking thing going on where it feels like my fault because I received some news I'd been hoping for yesterday. I know it's ridiculous, completely, but that doesn't help.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Wish you and Dewey all the best. Awful when we see our pets suffer but I'm sure whatever it is can be treated successfully given his young age.

None of this is your fault, Iris.

Never Surrender, Comrade

I'd be the same BlueIris.
    We only rescued a kitten a few weeks ago and that cut me up and it's not even ours.
    Guilt is a natural thought in circumstances like this. But what have you got to feel guilty about, caring and loving?
    Have an easy day today. Do something that will occupy your mind, but nothing that takes too much concentration like watching a film. x

Pete's taken him to the vet now; Dewey was with it enough to have a bit of a grumble about it.

Pete reckons he'll be fine, so I've decided to take that as my starting point because I only slept 2 hours last night and am currently not my most sensible self.

Carnation, I managed to pick up the re-release of my favourite video game earlier in the week, so I'm planning to spend the long weekend on the sofa playing and sleeping as necessary.

Vet thinks a car got him. She's given him anti inflammatories but if he's not picking up by Tuesday we'll have to take him to be euthanised.

I feel so utterly, wretchedly guilty.

Oh god, oh no, thats just terrible, Awful. I'm SO sorry to hear this, lost my own cat two years ago on the road. Can't they xray, put him under GA and do some and see whats going on ? Don't give up on him Blue.....surely there is more they can find out...

I don't have £650 for X-rays, Carys. I know it's awful and I hate myself for not getting him insured.

650 !? OMG. I'm not surprised you haven't got that, and unbelievable price considering someone like the dentist does them for like 35 £ !!!. I'm sorry, I really am, I didn't realise they cost so much , my brain didn't think before suggesting that. Don't feel bad about the insurance, not all my pets are insured - one dog is and the other isn't as the cost became too high and she is really old now. Would there be anyone like the PDSA who could help ? DO NOT feel hate towards yourself, we've all been there and not had insurance for things (I once lost us 2,000 from a cancelled holiday as no insurance!!!). Just trying to think of a way forward that is possible....

Unfortunately, we're not poor enough for the PDSA, either. They need you to be on benefits, and I'm just above that threshold.

If you have a local Cats Protection group they could help you out but £650 for x rays is outrageous. I wouldn't be happy with the diagnosis either.

A basic spinal xray should give a definitive diagnosis but I'm shocked that the vet has quoted that price. I'm in the South East and wouldn't be charged that price. Is there any way you could get Dewey to a PDSA vet? xx

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information