Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Poorly kitten

Re: Poorly kitten

All sounds very hopeful Iris.
    what about those yogurt strip things that webbox do for cats. He could lap those instead of having to chew.

make sure he's drinking, that's initially more important than food. If you don't think he's drinking, you can syringe water carefully and slowly into the side of his mouth, bit at a time. One of those syringes that come with wormers or suchlike. Or the vets could give you one. Keep him warm and hydrated but the fact he can put weight on his legs is a good sign.

Ghost…Spillways

Great advice, Darksky. Once he's awake again we'll make sure he gets some fluids.

Yeah, that was worrying me too, and asked that a while back - worried about fluid intake. Is he drinking himself, if you put a bowl by him BlueI ?

Pete says he was drinking unaided yesterday, so we're making sure he has water close by.

Cool !!!

I just set him down some water laced with tuna juice, and he was very interested.

Oh Blueiris- I only just saw this whole thread and I am SO SORRY. Poor sweet little Dewey. My thoughts are with you and Pete and him. I hope he picks up soon. Please please keep us posted
    xxx

So sorry to hear about poor Dewey, Iris Please don't blame yourself, accidents happen and you are doing all you can to nurse him back to health.

Since his jab it sounds like he is perking up since he's trying to eat, drink and even lifting a leg that would be painful. I've found this with my dog when he was ill last year, getting some painkiller/anitinflammatory mix into him eased things off and he started perking up even though he was in constant eye pain with a nasty ulcer.

The liquid dreamies are a good idea. Less effort involved and may get him trying.

I once found a cat lying in the middle of the road that had been run over. This cat couldn't put weight on his back legs. We got him straight around our vets, as they run an emergency service and this was in the evening, and when we called back a couple of days later not only had his owner been traced but he was well on the mend. I'm telling this because if this cat could get better when he couldn't do anything but yours has some movement then I'm hoping that only gives more hope he will fully recover.

Thanks, all. He's still not using his back paws properly, but when he decided he was hungry last night he made his way halfway across the apartment to his usual food bowl location.

Plus, I stroked his back paws this morning and the toes of one paw curled.

We've got a long few days ahead of us, but it's great to see him still getting enthusiastic about things.

It sounds very encouraging BlueIris

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information