Thread: Ingrown toenail redness not going away

Ingrown toenail redness not going away

So around december I developed a case of ingrown toenail. It got somewhat infected (slight bleeding and pus) but first I was treating it with anti-biotic ointments and then at doctor's suggestion went to salts and grey soap. I was supposed to have it removed in late march but I panicked at the surgical table so I had to move the appointment. I moved it to the end of april. Soo... I was still soaking the toe and after soaking I would pull the nail fold back a bit. In the middle of April I noticed that the bit of the nail that was ingrown was coming out. So using a nail file (I washed it with dish soap and sprayed it with disinfectant - yeah I know I still should not have done that) I removed the offending bit and got instant relief. The wound stopped bleeding and oozing pus within 48 hours so I assumed all was fine and dandy. The problem is the redness did not go away. I was still planning to go to the surgeon nonetheless because if anything I wanted to prevent reoccurence. Now the day before the appointment my father ended up in ICU (he unfortunately passed away two day later :( ), so I had to move the appointment to mid May. Now I have an appointment with an internist on Tuesday to among the other things discuss the toenail. But in the meantime my mind is churning away at the possibilities. So basically there is no pain, no oozing nothing. The site is not warm to touch. I am shedding some skin there but not too much. There is some slight granulation tissue growth that is slightly tender (I started to get small pangs of pain from there this morning, but my nail is regrowing through that area now so I assume that's okay) but other than that there are no issues. But the whole redness part is driving me nuts and I fear stuff like gangrene or sepsis developping...
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 04-05-19 at 15:01. Reason: picture removal

Re: Ingrown toenail redness not going away

Picture has been removed.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information