Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just started anafranil (clomipramine)

Lightbulb just started anafranil (clomipramine)

hi have just started anafranil 10mg have taken it for a week now with no real side effects.will be going up in dosage overthe next few weeks. i am quite nervous as i have had a hard time on seroxat and prozac and i am worrying about upping the dose of anafranil that it might flip me out so to speak.seroxat seemed to open a door inside my head and flooded my brain with intusive thoughts.Hoping anafranil will help.WOULD LIKE TO HEAR OFF ANYONE USING THIS DRUG. Thanx chad.

Re: just started anafranil (clomipramine)

Hi Chad

Have a search for previous threads or scroll down to the bottom of this page to read others.

They should help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi..
    I did anafranil 7 years ago and i had a terrible terrible time on it and to be honest that is why i haven't tried any other meds since.
    I took the first one and within a couple of hours i had passed out and was feeling horrendously nauseaous. It scared me because i had a 1 year old baby crawling around on the floor while i was out of it.
    I carried on taking it for a couple of days, but i couldn't eat and for someone with a history of eating disorders i really couldn't afford to lose any more weight.
    It took me about 2 weeks to feel better and i only took them for 4 days!

Its good to see you are doing well on it
    Not all meds suit every person...

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

i am on that stuff atm. the only trouble i get is feeling sleepy. also i am constantly hot (cept for my feet which are like ice) aside from that i am fine they REALLY help.

i had a bitch of a time with seroxat and this stuff is helping me.

Thumbs up Re: just started anafranil (clomipramine)

thanx seuria
    took one last night and i was fast a sleep by 9:30 , gutted i missed hells kitchen.Woke up this morning sweating not to bad though.What dosage and how long have you been taking it? Also what illness are you treating? Hope you dont mind me asking !When did you start to feel the benefits off it ? Loads of questions i know but it gives me hope when you here someone doing well !
    i have tried loads of things the last 3 months but couldnt handle s/o off the ssri s .The nausia and aggitation where to much and i was getting embaressed infront of my daughter. I hope you and i get good results off this med.
    regards Chad .

sorry you had such a hard time on anafranil but im sure you will get better as i have several times .Just takes time so be cool bluebell .
    chad

i dont mind you asking, its what we are all here for. sharing information and helping each other
    currently on 50mg a day altho i have been on higher. i have been on this for about 3 weeks altho before now i have been on them for over a year.
    i get a reaction pretty quick virtually overnight.
    but as i say everyone's illness is different so everyone's treatment is different. i am being treated for agoraphobia and depression. also a family from hell but the tabs wont fix them i need to fix my head to deal with that problem.

Anafranil is a good antidepressant which as been in use for over 30 years, so most side effects are well documented. The success rate of Anafranil is also very high, with most people recovering from a depression within a period of 6 months. It does however take awhile to be completely effective, so just hang in there until the med take effect.

I was on them for over 6 years at one time, and they helped me until I could sort my mind out, so I didn't have to take any medication.

Tom

thanks to tom and seuria.
    i think ill go to the docters next week and find out about upping my dose.Can i expect more side effects on higher dosage? it actually feels like im not on anything .So that must be a good sign .chad

i dont think you will get any mroe side effects. oh i also get a nasty taste in my mouth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information