Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: just started anafranil (clomipramine)

Re: just started anafranil (clomipramine)

to seuria
    i know what you mean , like you dont want no fuss but you know you do need to get out so that youcan enjoy coming home.Try it cause when you do go out you start to feel a bit more normal and when the night time comes you can look back on the day and think abut the positives and realise that everyones doing the same. i am terrible in the morning anxious and nervous about going to visit people.Ive been off work for 12 weeks now so i think ive become workaphobic.and dont think i will be rushing back. Just my life sucks at the mo, dad in hospital , split up with girlfriend (she wont let me see my son ) CSA breathing down my neck. All this stress is not going to go away over night. The thing is Seuria to look at me theres not much wrong with me but inside im hurting which makes it hard for me to socailise .So i can relate to the agrophobia.Did the anafranil help you get back to normal when you took it for a year last time ? ANY HOW LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GOT ON WITH YOUR DAY OUT ?
    love Chad
    x

to elaine
    to what iwas like 2 mths ago im a lot better. When i took that seroxat it made me feel suicidal ( horrible word ). So so far on this med i havent had that feeling but im only on a low dose so will be careful when the docter raises the dose. As i have everything to live for i know i will get through this .Once upon atime a had the same illness and had a full remission was four years without meds so i know you can get through it . Its just a load of old negative thoughts and painfull feelings that need sorting out and like you say they need time to be put right.But i am a firm believer in taking the meds as they do eventually work and help you smile about your predicaments.The only thing that worries me is finding the right meds to help as ive allways been able to cope taking seroxat but this time they didnt help so i feel im at a crossroads with my illness and need to find the right path to take. The only thing is you start to obsess about the quickest way to get better and as my friend pointed out you only get better when you stop thinking about it.easier said than done eh !
    love Chad

I also don't get on with SSRI's, I've tried prozac, seroxat and last night (a night of pure hell, an hour and a half after taking it). All 3 I was so ill after just one pill and won't take more.

I have been advised that I should ask to try clomipramine and I think I'm going to request it. I have read the "common" side effects too and they just don't seem to be as long and as bad as with those I mentioned above.

A health academic I work with suggests that some people just can't take stuff involving seratonin.

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    hi elaine and seuria
    slept like a log last night not feeling any side effects off anafranil but intrusive thoughts still there .Do you get these i was told by the docter they are part of my depression.So i am keeping myself busy by getting daughters school uniform ready for next week. I always have terrible time on weekend as i have to keep my daughter entertained which is hard during the day.Right time to get motivated. keep in touch .
    love Chad
    let me know how you are getting on?
    My worst times are at the weekend also hon. During the week I'm busy doing the school run and working full time, my work being a great help, a lifesaver actually (not meant to sound over dramatic).

My worse times, as I said, are at the weekend when it's just me and my son. I always seem to be more anxious and then of course I feel guilty that I'm not being the best I can be for him.

Are you also a single mum

Hi i'm not enjoying the side effects, dry mouth so drink lots of water if you get this and eating chewing gum can help. Sleepy but I understand this wears off. My anxiety got worse before it got better and is still quite high but not as high as it was so I am prepared to stick with it - apparently you need at least 4 weeks on the recommended dose before you can clearly make a decision as to whether it suits you so I've come so far and I'll stick to it until I think yes or no. Good luck, everyone is different at the end of the day so see how you get on when you have got past any side effects. x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information