Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upset stomach for weeks

Re: Upset stomach for weeks

Update:
    Past few days I’ve managed to reduce my anxiety and would you believe it, my appetite has been much better.

Stools are still mixed, some days well formed, some days a bit like cow pat. Main thing is, colour is brown and not pale or black.

Trying not to think too much about my weight although I did weigh myself recently and I was heavier. Gave me such a buzz. Next day, I was back at 65kg. Are weight fluctuations normal?

Quote Originally Posted by shotta287 View Post
    Update:
    Past few days I’ve managed to reduce my anxiety and would you believe it, my appetite has been much better.

Stools are still mixed, some days well formed, some days a bit like cow pat. Main thing is, colour is brown and not pale or black.

Trying not to think too much about my weight although I did weigh myself recently and I was heavier. Gave me such a buzz. Next day, I was back at 65kg. Are weight fluctuations normal?
    Very normal, in fact you can vary easily 5 pounds in a day with different variables. You’re doing just fine, keep up the eating and getting on with things.

We can’t keep a stable mind if we’re not fuelled properly, food, drink and sleep are all part of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Although my appetite is pretty much back and I’m eating like I used to again, I’m constantly concerned about my weight.
    Just not increasing.

I had a takeaway meal Tuesday evening and yesterday passed pale-ish stools but they did sink. Fat malabsorption comes to mind?

If this is all IBS, is weight loss common?

Hi Shotta,

Glad to hear your appetite is back and you are able to eat .

I have been having gastrointestinal issues for the past 6 days and I am panicking . I was on holidays and woke up with the worst pain in my abdomen and I have been bloated ever seen passing gas constantly . It started with constipation and then for 2 days watery diarrhea . I also feel ill and I am so stressed .

I went to the hospital yesterday . They did an X-ray , blood tests and urine test and said everything looks ok. I just think they should have done a more specific scan like CT scan or MRI.

Although my appetite is pretty much back and I’m eating like I used to again, I’m constantly concerned about my weight.
    Just not increasing.

I had a takeaway meal Tuesday evening and yesterday passed pale-ish stools but they did sink. Fat malabsorption comes to mind?

If this is all IBS, is weight loss common?
    As was said, you can vary up to 5 pounds in a day with or without IBS. Heck, you can lose a few pound after a good sit on the loo! Don't get sucked into another HA spiral and latch onto this. And please don't get into self examining your poo and describing it. Been enough of that around here lately. Just do your business and flush it!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

My weight is up and down like a fiddlers elbow and that's without any gastro issues. I can gain several pounds and lose them the next day, it's no big deal

Ghost…Spillways

Thanks all. Positive words really do help.

Unfortunately, today someone told me I’ve lost weight and that’s the third person to say that to me in recent weeks. Straight away the alarm bells start ringing.

I just wish I’d gain some weight I know it’d calm me down so much.

I’ve been thinking, if it was something sinister, would symptoms come and go? Some days I’m fine have fairly normal bowel movements while other days I get bad gas and pass loose-ish stools.

Also, I’ve been spamming the forum recently with my anxiety and I do apologise. I am in the process of getting help for my HA, with some talking therapy.

I’ve been thinking, if it was something sinister, would symptoms come and go? Some days I’m fine have fairly normal bowel movements while other days I get bad gas and pass loose-ish stools.

Also, I’ve been spamming the forum recently with my anxiety and I do apologise. I am in the process of getting help for my HA, with some talking therapy.
    I have read many many stories of serious bowel issues and the rule of thumb is that a symptom appears, then gets worse and worse until they have no choice but to seek medical attention..

And even then in most cases it wouldn’t be life threatening and would be treatable. My anxiety affects a lot of things but GI issues is a predominant one and it’s not always the same (I.e not always D or C, or pain, or urgency - it changes; the most recent issue was a constant urge “to go” and it was the scariest 5 weeks of my life but it passed THANK GOD.

I know why you panic though, I am exactly the same :( it is only when I have got over one particular HA that I look back and think “what the heck was wrong with me it’s so obvious that I was fine??”

Pls continue to seek help, don’t let it take over your life

@HA1989, I’m with you on that, GI issues give me a LOT of anxiety.

So yesterday I was hungry and indulged in a burger, haven’t had many of them in the last month or so.

Few hours later, became bloated and very gassy. Woke up this morning and pretty much had diahoerrea, although it was brown. Still kind of bloated but haven’t had the urge to have another bowel movement.

Honestly so confused with my bowels. I don’t know why this continues to persist intermittently.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information